Those Seymour Duncan Powerstage amps are utter tripe

Friend of mine used a Powerstage with his Helix rig briefly and we got together for a jam and his shit squealed like a pig at gigging level

He ditched it shortly afterwards
Easy to apply far too much gain on modellers. Much more than what you'd usually get out of a real amp. Basically looking for a ballsy sound in the wrong place.

Please god don't make the please god make it stop thing stop.

Or maybe yes.
Whatever

I'd like to ask Dave & Kiko why they used a shitty class D amp on tour.

Just saying....

Please god don't make the please god make it stop thing stop.

Or maybe yes.
Whatever

I'd like to ask Dave & Kiko why they used a shitty class D amp on tour.

Just saying....

One word: endorsements, publicity, marketing, media!

1708554150098.png

Yep. I've always had great email support replies from Suhr, Keeley, 3rd Power, Diamond / SGFX and so on. Often from the owners.

No excuse for Fryette really. And it's definitely a concern that always pops up in my mind when considering a Fryette purchase.
For US folks you can probably just call or send it to them for repairs so it's a whole different ordeal to being on the other side of the planet.

For US folks you can probably just call or send it to them for repairs so it's a whole different ordeal to being on the other side of the planet.
I have also had intermittent success with Fryette support. I realized that any time I mention that I purchased a product used they ignore the email.

They do have an actual person answer the phone when you call them, so that is a good way to go.

It is well known that they don’t like to give out schematics.

I have a Crown Macro-Tech 2400 that weighs over 50lbs that I will lug to every gig (if I ever play any), along with a pair of (heavy) JBL Caberet 4691b clones (E140/2426 ) because of the smile that that shit puts on my face.
Vintage Crown/JBL to me is comparable to the tube amp infatuation that a lot of you have here. None of this modern shit sounds like it.

Back