This looks beautiful but is expensive!

Yeah these analog BBDs are so pricy they make no sense to me unless I was a devout lover of analog delays and needed stereo.

These analog delays with tap tempo always intrigue me, but ultimately I think a modelled analog delay will always be my preference; provided it gives enough control over the degradation and "analogyness".

Super cool, really wish the delay lines had their own independent mix and feedback controls though. Serial delays that are slaved to identical mix settings seems like an odd choice. I do a lot of serial delay stuff but I don’t think the mix controls ever end up being very close together much less the same.

D

Super cool, really wish the delay lines had their own independent mix and feedback controls though. Serial delays that are slaved to identical mix settings seems like an odd choice. I do a lot of serial delay stuff but I don’t think the mix controls ever end up being very close together much less the same.

D
Agreed.

BBD dealy? One and done.

1705943073313.png

Come close to what?
I've tried Walrus stuff. Lots of bells and whistles but nothing special from a pure tone standpoint.
Same goes for the Suhr Discover $500 analog unit. Extremely impressive functionality but the DM2 sounds better.
DM2 didn’t do anything for me. Neither did the Carbon Copy. But to each his own.

Come close to what?
I've tried Walrus stuff. Lots of bells and whistles but nothing special from a pure tone standpoint.
Same goes for the Suhr Discover $500 analog unit. Extremely impressive functionality but the DM2 sounds better.

If you only need 300ms of delay, a DM2 is fine. Walrus/suhr/etc are trying to give us the power of digital delays but with actual BBD delay tone.

This one is pretty cool, just a couple things that don’t quite hit the mark for me. I’m primarily interested in it for serial delays though which it looks like they put here as an afterthought. If you use it for stereo or ping pong stuff it looks pretty cool functionally. I haven’t had a chance to go listen to it closely and form an opinion of how it sounds.

D

I think giving a context carries a lot of weight in the delay world. I think it’s safe saying most people can get on with a Boss-DD-whatever and be fine, but then you’ve got delay junkies like me or Orvillian where basic shit isn’t going to cut it.

Seems 2023 was a big year for delays, man. Meris, Boss, TC and Walrus putting out some bangers!

Right now I’m leaning on turning my DRRI into a Meris LVX.

I think giving a context carries a lot of weight in the delay world. I think it’s safe saying most people can get on with a Boss-DD-whatever and be fine, but then you’ve got delay junkies like me or Orvillian where basic shit isn’t going to cut it.

Seems 2023 was a big year for delays, man. Meris, Boss, TC and Walrus putting out some bangers!

Right now I’m leaning on turning my DRRI into a Meris LVX.
2023 was a good year for delay. The Boss EVH blew me away. Had to get one. I couldn’t help myself.

Back