Seriously, Walrus Audio is trolling this thread

Dog Reaction GIF

Screenshot 2024-03-20 132317.png

Personally I don't like sliders on a pedal. They use more space than necessary and are susceptible to ingress.
I am in this same camp. I have a coupe of EQ pedals with sliders on them and I am not a huge fan of that. I purchased a parametric EQ that is all knobs and I like that much better.

I would have been interested in the walrus fundamental pedals if they had regular knobs. No interest in sliders.

Would you have noticed them from a sea of pedals if they didn't have sliders though?

Being different is kind of the point, even if it's not different because it's better.

I like walrus pedals and had a few of them at one point. Yes they stand out but I hate the idea of sliders on pedals.

I’m all for companies releasing affordable pedals. The pedal market is filled with ridiculously priced, limited-edition-sales-scheme-hipster-bougie-boardTM offerings.

I liked the Fathom reverb by them, and thought the Makko delay was pretty good but overpriced. Generally I’ve never been blown away by anything from Walrus though. I should try the Julia some time.

• 100%
Reactions: SKU
I think EQ pedals is the only place sliders make sense. You can quickly see your EQ curve represented in front of you.
I really don't ever adjust the EQ much once I have it dialed in where I want it. I can see where things are set with the parametric EQ. I know if I want to make an adjustment where in the frequency range I want to tweak it so seeing fader positions isn't really something I have to have. I am used to using parametric EQs in software and on mixers so it was an easy transition for me.

I really don't ever adjust the EQ much once I have it dialed in where I want it. I can see where things are set with the parametric EQ. I know if I want to make an adjustment where in the frequency range I want to tweak it so seeing fader positions isn't really something I have to have. I am used to using parametric EQs in software and on mixers so it was an easy transition for me.
Sure, Im not saying you shouldn't use a parametric EQ. Just saying that it atleast makes sense why you would use sliders for a EQ pedals as it can benefit from a visual aspect. There is no correlation for example on a reverb pedal where you'd be like "oh, yeah I like my reverb in the V pattern, or the smile/frown pattern", for example

I can just see myself having to unload a can of DeoxIT on those. Sliders are bad enough in devices like analog mixers. I can’t imagine how bad they’d fair in something you step on with your dirty shoe.
And spill beer into because it is on the floor. Then the beer other people spill into it when they come up to the stage and lean over to yell in your ear.

I can just see myself having to unload a can of DeoxIT on those. Sliders are bad enough in devices like analog mixers. I can’t imagine how bad they’d fair in something you step on with your dirty shoe.

Walrus Audio and QC owners united in non-dirt-attracting shoe sole ads.

Then the beer other people spill into it when they come up to the stage and lean over to yell in your ear.

I see you've been there. And I know because I've been there, too.

I kind of dig the looks of this Walrus line and it certainly harkens back to something from the '80s... but that's not enough to get me to buy one. I have too many anyways that deserve more time.

Back