There can be only 1.

Someone asked Ola Englund if he could only have one physical amp (no modelers) for the rest of his life, what would it be.

Got me thinking what mine would be, and that got me wondering what everyone else would say.

For me, I have "dream amps" I've never owned that I'd love to say would be on my list (Mesa Badlander, SLO100 among others), but since I've never actually lived with them, I'll stick with what I have many hours on and say my Jet City JCA100HDM. It gets me the Soldano flavor I love, offers both resonance and presence, solid FX Loop and a 50/100 watt switch for versatility. Every single time I play thru it I smile like a kid at Christmas.

U43KBku.jpg

What's yours?
I always wanted to try one of those. I have a 22H, it sounds fantastic but it's a bit shy on power for serious rock-n-roll jams and gigs.

Someone asked Ola Englund if he could only have one physical amp (no modelers) for the rest of his life, what would it be.

Got me thinking what mine would be, and that got me wondering what everyone else would say.

For me, I have "dream amps" I've never owned that I'd love to say would be on my list (Mesa Badlander, SLO100 among others), but since I've never actually lived with them, I'll stick with what I have many hours on and say my Jet City JCA100HDM. It gets me the Soldano flavor I love, offers both resonance and presence, solid FX Loop and a 50/100 watt switch for versatility. Every single time I play thru it I smile like a kid at Christmas.

U43KBku.jpg

What's yours?
The Jet City stuff was definitely the Soldano’s Camaro Z28 to the SLO100 vette. good amps, and had the SLO flavor and bloodline.

But in reality asking only for one is not fair, so many many good amps out there, hence why i chose the Modelling route ;)

But in reality asking only for one is not fair, so many many good amps out there, hence why i chose the Modelling route ;)
I hear ya - within 5 feet of me right now are my Helix Rack, Boss Katana, Marshall DSL1, JCA100HDM, Bogner Mini and ZoMBie... and I still feel like I don't have all the ones I want. :rofl

Today it would be the BE100 Deluxe. Everytime I hear it I think "yep, that's the sound".
The crazy tweakability is overkill, but the amount of options is handy for an "amp for life".

I've not played one in real life, but I could probably live with just channel 1 and 2 (clean and BE channel).
The Smallbox is probably the sweet spot.

BE100 Deluxe is also my dream/lottery amp. I'd use it with the matching 4x12 with the Greenback/V30 combo.

And if I win the lottery, I'm also going to need a UAD OX Box for attenuation and load purposes, and probably run it into an Axe FX 3 for stereo effects, or do a W/D/W with a pair of Friedman ASM-12 monitors.

This is a shitty question to ask... lol

Ideally I've boiled it down to two amps out of all the amps I own. One thats super tight, Fryette Ultalead and one that is thick and chewy, Friedman Butterslax. If I had to narrow to just one... I can't do it lol.

Back