The Unofficial Gallery of Boogies

This probably won't get any upvotes lol, but I've always really loved the blake jute look on a Recto. The standard Recto style treadplate kind of paints the amp into a corner when it can do so much more than the standard expected treadplate-style "big distorted chords" thing the amp is known for:

wz1h9pG.png

Man that wine red Mark with the tan trim looks great. Wow.

This probably won't get any upvotes lol, but I've always really loved the blake jute look on a Recto. The standard Recto style treadplate kind of paints the amp into a corner when it can do so much more than the standard expected treadplate-style "big distorted chords" thing the amp is known for:

wz1h9pG.png

I completely agree. I’m not a huge fan of tread plate.

I agree. And I have one. That stuff belongs on fire trucks and Weatherguard tool boxes, and not much else.
Now crocodile skin...

wz1h9pG.png

Thanks, it was a rescue :grin
I snagged a pretty beat-up Mark III combo a few years ago and the guy that I bought it from didn’t know what he had. It sounded awful when I first got it, but all it needed was a fresh set of tubes and it sounds brand new. I called Mesa and worked with them on a new headshell, reverb tank, and fan, and what you see there is the end result. The amp, tubes, and the headshell combined cost me much less than what these go for nowadays, so I consider it a massive score.

Also for the record, I agree with you on the black jute faceplates for Mesa amps. They look so good like that.

All the Fillmores are fucking glorious.

I’ve got a line on a Fillmore 100 head and have always wanted to try one.

Just not sure how it will jive (or is that @JiveTurkey?) with my Recto 2x12 and/or Trad 4x12 cabs?

Seems like it might lead to me getting the the new open back 4x10 they have, but not sure if I want to go that far and would prefer to use the cabs I have…

Any thoughts?

Just not sure how it will jive (or is that @JiveTurkey?) with my Recto 2x12 and/or Trad 4x12 cabs?

Seems like it might lead to me getting the the new open back 4x10 they have, but not sure if I want to go that far and would prefer to use the cabs I have…

Any thoughts?
The 4x10 with Celestion Creambacks looks awsome, but it looks heavy and does not have casters or side handles. I can't imagine lugging that thing around by the top strap handle.

I suggest holding off on a decision regarding a new cab until you hear how well it integrates with your current cab collection.

:beer

Any thoughts?
The Fillmore sounds amazing through Recto cabs. It’s not something people commonly associate with the amp, since it’s supposed to be “Fendery”, but I’ve played the 50 watt head through both horizontal and vertical 2x12’s, and it kills.

No idea about the 4x10; never tried it, but while it might sound great for cleans/grit, I think it would kinda stifle the glorious smooth higher gain tones the Fillmore is capable of.

Any thoughts?

I have a Mesa 4 x 10. Not sure the Fillmore and it's more vintage-voiced Fender tones
screams "I need a 4x12 with V30s." :LOL:

I hate to be the guy who begs you to spend more money on a cab, but if you get that Fillmore spend more money on a cab. :beer

I doubt that V30s will allow you to appreciate the Fillmore for what it is, and does best. :idk

Signed,
Former Owner of a Fillmore 50

The 4x10 with Celestion Creambacks looks awsome, but it looks heavy and does not have casters or side handles. I can't imagine lugging that thing around by the top strap handle.

I suggest holding off on a decision regarding a new cab until you hear how well it integrates with your current cab collection.

:beer

My 4x10 Mesa has Jensens in it. It's a Lonestar Cab, though. :idk

Back