The Priest is back, baby!

Always with the caveats, Bro. Why?

Angry Episode 1 GIF by PBS

I saw JP friday night and they were spot on KILLER!

Highlights included saints in hell, hell bent, electric eye, devil's child, exciter, green manalishi, victim of changes & painkiller
Faulkner was up front and held down the faux KK, Sneap was kinda in the backseat, and sporting extensions / a wig.
Hill moved around quite well for a Senior Citizen.
Travis is a fucking clock.
And Halford was absolutely Stellar.
They opened with panic attack which was sick.
Go see the show if you can.
I copped floor seats thru stub hub last minute for 57 bucks all in.
I missed Sabaton btw.

Tell me this isn't some of the Metal Gods best vocals ever.

Mind blowing! :headbang

The riffs are killer on that one as well sounds like it could have come off Stained Class or Hell bent
There are a few off the album that are just bangers
I love Devil in Disguise that riff is great and has almost a metal gods swagger
Crown of thorns is brilliant and the solo is a masterclass in melody and shred
Giants in the Sky also has a great riff.

Was listening to the last album this weekend too it had some great stuff like Traitors Gate , Guardians / Rising from Ruins , the title track

Judas Priest gig 2.jpg

Judas Priest gig.jpg

Saw Judas Priest last night at the local arena here in Tampere, Finland.
They sounded massive! Drums were punchy as hell. Even moments where there was just a guitar riff alone starting a song sounded huge. :rawkThere wasn't any gear on stage so it's either amps miced backstage or modelers.

They played a few songs off Invisible Shield and lot more spanning their entire career, I think over 20 songs total. Makes me wish they re-recorded some of their old songs with modern sounds, those sounded great.

Halford was hitting all those high notes. The only way to tell the dude is 72 is that he's walking rather than running around on stage.

Bought a Defenders of the Faith shirt from the merch stand, because that "cyborg tiger gatling gun tank" design is still ridiculous and awesome!

I need to go learn some Priest songs. I think I've never played anything but Breaking The Law and Painkiller.

View attachment 23712

View attachment 23711

Saw Judas Priest last night at the local arena here in Tampere, Finland.
They sounded massive! Drums were punchy as hell. Even moments where there was just a guitar riff alone starting a song sounded huge. :rawkThere wasn't any gear on stage so it's either amps miced backstage or modelers.

They played a few songs off Invisible Shield and lot more spanning their entire career, I think over 20 songs total. Makes me wish they re-recorded some of their old songs with modern sounds, those sounded great.

Halford was hitting all those high notes. The only way to tell the dude is 72 is that he's walking rather than running around on stage.

Bought a Defenders of the Faith shirt from the merch stand, because that "cyborg tiger gatling gun tank" design is still ridiculous and awesome!

I need to go learn some Priest songs. I think I've never played anything but Breaking The Law and Painkiller.
I was sitting there in the bottom left of the second picture slightly out of frame. It was a great show! Halford sounded even better than in Helsinki two years ago.

I was sitting there in the bottom left of the second picture slightly out of frame. It was a great show! Halford sounded even better than in Helsinki two years ago.
I was in the first row in the upper corner section closer to the back of the arena. The pics are taken with my Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 with 3x optical zoom and cropped. They turn to mush if zoomed any more than that but certainly good enough for internet!

The cross, chalice or whatever that came down from the ceiling was dope, as were the ones that were spinning on the two screens on the side of the stage. The spinning chalice graphics looked almost like holograms at times, and reminded me of game powerup items! If you pick one up, do you get Halford's high notes? :unsure:

Back