The OG

Pretty sure in Frankie, he did. But I wonder about the Shark/Ibby Destroyer he used on some rhythm tracks on VH1. Super 70?

Not sure if you have seen this
I am not the hugest fan of their music but this guy gets about the best modern tones I have heard
And his pickup is low output vintage but you can hear it snarl when using a 5153 or HiGain amp

As someone who almost entirely uses vintagey humbuckers, yes you can go crazy high gain with them like this. BUT, they always have a softness to the attack like you hear in this clip. Sometimes you want that more aggressive, sharp attack and you just can’t get it from these kinds of pickups. On the flipside, mine are really touch sensitive like he talks about so all the little things come through. I’ve been meaning to set up one guitar with more aggressive pups for when I’m in that mood. Watching this thread for suggestions, was planning up go with a Duncan custom 5.

D

Ed sounded the same way with pretty much everything in the early days. He used everything from a paf to a super distortion.

I just had a White one arrive that I am going to put in one of my Charvels. Bye bye Full Shred. :beer

I haven't played or used a PAF Pro since the 1990s. :LOL:

Excited to revisit it.
Awesome let me Know your thoughts Dave (y)

Did you grab one?
Not yet but ....

soon GIF

There’s no way I don’t have this pickup in one of my guitars. Hell if I know which one.

Back