The Official Friedman IR-D leaked on GC (thread)?

IR-X is Plexi inspired as far as marketing scripture goes.

• Channel 1 ranges from squeaky-clean British-voiced chime to Plexi-style crunch
  • Channel 2 yields a high-gain tone that's chock-full of percussive punch, note articulation, and searing sustain

Untitled.png

:cool:

IR-X is Plexi inspired as far as marketing scripture goes.

• Channel 1 ranges from squeaky-clean British-voiced chime to Plexi-style crunch
  • Channel 2 yields a high-gain tone that's chock-full of percussive punch, note articulation, and searing sustain

Pretty sure the IR-X was supposed to be the BE-100 in a box.

So channel 1 was the plexi-style clean channel and channel 2 was the gain channel with the boost switch being the HBE.

I expected more to come from the IR series this year but I’m kind of surprised this soon.

When BAD get around to Synergy mods and other in-house brands, shit is going to get serious.

An IR-PB (Powerball)
So Excited Flirting GIF

I've said it before on this forum: The IR-X is a great product and we enjoyed it when we owned it. No doubt the IR-D will be similarly good. Just found the FAS modelling to be as good, and actually just a hair better when A/B testing with the same IRs.

Plus you get hundreds of other amps in the box as well and no pedalboard required.

But if you want an amp-in-a-box to use with one or two of your own pedals that you already own, then the Friedman IR-* series is a decent purchase choice.

I've said it before on this forum: The IR-X is a great product and we enjoyed it when we owned it. No doubt the IR-D will be similarly good. Just found the FAS modelling to be as good, and actually just a hair better when A/B testing with the same IRs.

Plus you get hundreds of other amps in the box as well and no pedalboard required.

Yeah, but I still have both because I’m a complete ho when it comes to cool gear.

I thought the IRX was badass, but found owning the FM3, QC, and IRX (with an AxeFX en route) to be a touch overkill, even for a digital degenerate. :ROFLMAO:

But I can totally see the fun of having it around for a change of pace or simple direct solution. If they cranmed the Synergy Powerball module into one of these I’d insta-buy.

Fractal stuff is awesome and totally boring in that it makes you want to stop buying other shit.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

One bone I have to pick with Dave Friedman is that the IR-X only has a 1/4” output, but the ASC12 only has an XLR input. So they aren’t directly compatible without an adaptor.

How many voices are in there, big guy?

Two, my good man.

Last edited:
Back