The Official Friedman IR-D leaked on GC (thread)?

If you look at the majority of my posts from the first 2-3 years I had an AxeFX, I said the same thing. Fear not, you’ll still be enjoying that AxeFX when all of a sudden the itch returns.
It takes about 2-3 years usually.

And with all the tube amp GAS around here lately, my guess is it will be tough sooner rather than later on the WANT train.

It takes about 2-3 years usually.

And with all the tube amp GAS around here lately, my guess is it will be tough sooner rather than later on the WANT train.
I love my tube amps and play them all the time, but make no mistake I could make all the same music with the FM9. To tape, it's flawless, but in the room I still love pushing air with the tube amps.

The Friedman DS Synergy module is pretty choice. If this is basically that with separate EQs for each channel, this will be much loved. I've wanted them to do a Twin Sister module (i.e. DS w/ two independent EQs) forever. Not that the shared EQ is unmanageable. But more flexibility == more better.

The Friedman DS Synergy module is pretty choice. If this is basically that with separate EQs for each channel, this will be much loved. I've wanted them to do a Twin Sister module (i.e. DS w/ two independent EQs) forever. Not that the shared EQ is unmanageable. But more flexibility == more better.
Not sure how they do that with only two tubes, though? Maybe V1a is input; V1b is channel 1 then channel 2 is V2a and b? My presumption with the synergy modules has always been that ones with shared EQ are the ones that need more gain stages than allowed by the 3 tubes in the synergy system.

Not sure how they do that with only two tubes, though? Maybe V1a is input; V1b is channel 1 then channel 2 is V2a and b? My presumption with the synergy modules has always been that ones with shared EQ are the ones that need more gain stages than allowed by the 3 tubes in the synergy system.
Yes, good point. I forgot about the dock preamp tube. It's a great module and by all accounts the IR-X adaption of the BE ckt was really good, so I'm expecting this'll get a lot of interest and be similar high quality. the DS is not as gainy an amp as the BE...

On the Syn side, they updated the BE and HBE modules with a single BE Dlx module around the same time. Crossing fingers for 'TS' module.

Yes, good point. I forgot about the dock preamp tube. It's a great module and by all accounts the IR-X adaption of the BE ckt was really good, so I'm expecting this'll get a lot of interest and be similar high quality. the DS is not as gainy an amp as the BE...

On the Syn side, they updated the BE and HBE modules with a single BE Dlx module around the same time. Crossing fingers for 'TS' module.
Looking at actual amps, the DS has 3 12ax7s (1/2 of one is the phase inverter...not sure if the effects loop is taking up a gain stage?). The TS has 5.

I dunno anything about how channel switching amps work, and maybe the presence of the power amp is what seems to always require footswitchable channels to literally be two completely different channels with their own tubes when EQ is not shared. Maybe it's easier to use the same tubes/gain stages in each independent channel on a dedicated preamp?

I figured Dave would do something like this. I was safe but tempted on the other one. This one may get me. This is essentially the preamp of my Twin Sister amp in a pedal that I can run a direct line to the FOH mixer... I wonder when this actually hits the market.

These basically remind me of Synergy modules in a pedal which people have been asking for forever
I suspect there will be more the Soldano , possibly a Bogner as this seems right up Reinholds alley

Sounds nice. I don’t hear a ton of difference between it and the IRX at similar gain levels. (IRX obviously having more on tap)

Curious to see where they take the platform from here with the Synergy gang. They’d make a small fortune with the SLO, and I’d love to see the Powerball.

Sounds nice. I don’t hear a ton of difference between it and the IRX at similar gain levels. (IRX obviously having more on tap)

Curious to see where they take the platform from here with the Synergy gang. They’d make a small fortune with the SLO, and I’d love to see the Powerball.

Hopefully a JMP-1

Back