The horrible 80s/90s gear thread

WHAAAAT, I'm really sorry. I'm on my phone and probably too chaotic to do specific research atm... F*ck.
Again, truly sorry here.

For some reason I didn't catch that. Ahem... I'll see myself out for today. ;)

Oh trust me I have done it a bunch of times. Go to put something in my cart and...WHAM-O it was sold 4 years ago. Thats how I learned to double check first. LOL

Ahh the Laney Linebacker SS bass amp, circa 1985... how I hateth thee, you total POS:

View attachment 2086

Worst amp I ever played. And my first.

I went Trace Elliot after that and it was pretty darned good!

Think my 2ch 100w head version sounds pretty good. Got one ~1991, then traded on a still-have GH50L head about 4 years later. You know? To get the "choobs"!

I'm not even sure it could have been mine - but found one again last year for $230aud in a local pawnshop. Bought it home and is very fun and useful. Didn't know how to back then but built a footswitch for it, that can select between or a blend the two channels. Great MOSFET power section via the FX return too. Crunch preamp with all the push pulls, kind of AOR DNA.

Combined with an Ibby Mostortion (S/H prices of those can be a joke), that was my jamming and partying rig for all that time. Rebuilt the Mostortion recently.

Funny how some of this works out. Mostly revisiting old gear can bring back bad memories or reinforce why we moved on. But this was an exception for me. Super good fun.

p4IVtvE.jpg

VBUdAjt.jpg

Last edited:
Back