The "Going To An Audition" Thread

Well, the other guitarist just called and new work obligations are going
to force him to bow out of our upcoming gigs. :brick

This leaves a couple of options.

1) Try and shoulder the whole weight myself. Maybe break out a W/D/W Rig. :grin:grin:chef:rawk:rofl

2) See if I can get Charlie on board to fill in for the gigs. :unsure:

Man, the moving pieces never seem to stop moving.

Have to just soldier on! :beer
My gawd man!

May you continue to be a resilient person, although I really don't know how you do it, I applaud it.

Well, you did leave out protein drinks and kale salads!

You got this!!

And......

Mary Jane Smoking GIF by The Roku Channel

Going to be the 2nd Practice trying out the new Drummer. :unsure: We'll see if he
worked on the material some more. Can usually tell one or two songs in if someone
has done their homework. Or hasn't.

Also, Downsouth Dave has bought another 5 String. Or traded for one. He snagged
a super cool Fender 5 string Jazz Bass. This is his 2nd 5 string since connecting with
us. I like his enthusiasm. Usually when people put their money where their mouth
is you know it is an healthy sign of actual commitment. Excited to hear it this evening. :banana

Going to be the 2nd Practice trying out the new Drummer. :unsure: We'll see if he
worked on the material some more. Can usually tell one or two songs in if someone

a super cool Fender 5 string Jazz Bass. This is his 2nd 5 string since connecting with
us. I like his enthusiasm. Usually when people put their money where their mouth
is you know it is an healthy sign of actual commitment. Excited to hear it this evening. :banana
Hope it goes exceedingly well, Dave.

I do expect a report by 4:20am, tomorrow. Eastern time, just for clarity. :hmm

Good luck on the new drummer. Get that spot locked in and whip these mufukkas into shape!

I haven't mentioned it but the dramarama reached a new peak Thursday night. :facepalm

New drummer is so NOT a fit. My gut feeling was spot on. He showed up to practice with
a tablet and a stand. WTF? He's not singing either. That was a first. :bonk

Our original drummer showed and played 2 or 3 songs and slayed. Fucker! Hasn't touched
a drumstick in 6 months and whips out Everlong flawlessly!

No idea how things will play out.:knit Singer bolted out at the end of practice when Keith
told him work would prevent him from doing the gig. Singer's wife came to watch. They went
outside together after Keith said he couldn't do the gig, and they left without saying anything to
anyone Then he calls me last night. Said he was so pissed. He's the one who set up the gig. Feels
like it his name and reputation on the line. We talked on the phone for 2 hours about it all. OMFG!

Kill me now!!!! :rofl

Hasn't touched
a drumstick in 6 months and whips out Everlong flawlessly!
:rofl
I hate people like that! :rofl

Although it does remind me of this one rehearsal..., we were about to play Time, and I was like, Guys, gimme a minute to remember the solo. So I noodled with it for a few minutes, and then I was ready. Our bass player was like, Dude! Fuck you man!

I guess I'll know it, when I'm as good as I want to be. Just not there yet.

What's good enough? Just a little bit more, I suppose.

I have not words.

stay strong sleeping with sirens GIF

Neither do I, Dave! :LOL:

It seems like the more I work to network and connect and bring in players and
get this thing to float on water the worse everything becomes. Maybe the ship
was doomed the moment it left Port. :idk

This week will tell the tale on whether or not we fulfill the gig. It's Hail Mary time. :beer

Back