The Gear Forum!

Drew ... ?

blanking

Hahahah I think he’s heard me talk about Recto’s a lot at the other forum. I was bouncing between 5150’s and Dual Rec’s for a little while, that was my period of “get the same thing over and over even though you keep getting rid of it” :rofl

I saw Ted and thought Kazinsky, not Nugent :unsure:

OK OK… short story time for you, JT et al re: ted Kaczynski.

There was one small bit in my life where I actually had a “go to the office gig”.

Fortunately, most people don’t wake up at the time that I do. It’s an old habit. It allows me to work for companies that are on the East Coast, while I enjoy a lot less people on the west and fewer neckties.

I figured out long ago that I could squeeze in 5 to 7 rounds of golf before going to work. Our marketing guy did likewise. We were still the first ones at work.

One day on the course we played… I was with a buddy aka a twosome, and a third joined up on the fourth hole.

Turns out he was the warden for Supermax in Florence Colorado.

Now you to got understand my buddy a little bit… He’s kind of an asshole… Far more than I could ever be … lulz … he’s a sales guy and entrepreneur. I am a lot of things but I’m not a sales guy.

So he’s prone to asking really pointed questions. And he starts probing the warden about old Ted and this time I mean Kaczynski.

FYI-The worst of the worst are at Supermax.

Let’s just say I’ve been around very forward-leaning and stern men. This guy gave a look to my friend that silenced the entire golf course and uttered the following words: “You never ever want those guys knowing who you are. Ever.“

And we finished out holes 16,17 and 18.

Last edited:
Back