The Gear Forum Home Pizza Thread

season 2 s02 GIF by DREAM CORP LLC

:LOL:

Step 1 to great Pizza Dough. Making the Starter. Small amounts of 00 Flour and Water,
with barely a pinch of Yeast.

Has to sit out at room temp for a full day, before adding to the full Dough-making process.

It'll fill that tiny tub up as it grows.

20230603_225120.jpg

Step 1 to great Pizza Dough. Making the Starter. Small amounts of 00 Flour and Water,
with barely a pinch of Yeast.

Has to sit out at room temp for a full day, before adding to the full Dough-making process.

It'll fill that tiny tub up as it grows.

View attachment 7828

You are a much more patient person than I am. I usually speed proof my dough in the fridge for about 6 hrs

Doing everything wrong for about 4 years prior helped. :LOL:

I'll make a Pie Tuesday and then freeze the other 2 Balls for use later.

My wife and I regularly grill (charcoal) pizza. While we have done different variations of making our own dough, building up and reducing our own sauces, etc, we generally just buy balled dough from our local grocery store’s bakery now. It’s indiscernible from the dough we make and cuts hours off the process in some cases.

Experimented with a week long ferment in the Fridge. Definitely more yeasty of a flavour,
and led to the crispiest crust. Delicious! :chef

This place has amazing pizza but it’s always so rich I need to take breaks between slices

IMG_4430.jpeg

Vodka sauce, shredded mozzarella, brick cheese, burrata, prosciutto and hot honey, it’s called the Tiger King. :rofl

They have another one with this whipped ricotta that I would drink like a milkshake if given the chance. Dough is pretty bangin’ with these guys, not sure if they’re a chain or not, it’s called Blue Steel Pizza Co.

I was too lazy to make a pizza with the dough I thawed a couple of days ago so I just deep fried it like bread dough.

It got me thinking about trying a fried calzone.

I'll keep you posted!

I was too lazy to make a pizza with the dough I thawed a couple of days ago so I just deep fried it like bread dough.

It got me thinking about trying a fried calzone.

I'll keep you posted!

Pizza Fritta is a classic recipe.

Back