The Gear Forum Home Pizza Thread

I am breaking out the 00 Flour and getting my starter going today, so I can have
some fresh Pizza Dough in a few days. I am all out. :(

I bought a Frozen Ball of Pizza Dough at the store last week on the recommendation
of a friend. Might as well turned it into Bread. It wasn't even remotely good. :horse

Oh man, what a crisis last night. :facepalm Homemade Dough got spread out and topped, and
then stuck to my Peel when I tried to put it on the Pizza Stone. Cheese and Pepperoni loose
and running wild in the oven. Smoke! Smoke everywhere! Me cussing and swearing. My ears
were smoking, too. :hmm

Did not burn myself, though. :hugitout

I was SO pissed. I couldn't fix it so I just man-handled and got it all on the Stone in some
semblance of order. Looked like one of those goofy-ass 4 corner Calzones Pizza Hut is hyping
here in the States now.

It was VERY delicious, though, in spite of being one of the ugliest pies ever concocted here on Earth. :chef

Oh man, what a crisis last night. :facepalm Homemade Dough got spread out and topped, and
then stuck to my Peel when I tried to put it on the Pizza Stone.

Do you use a dusting of equal parts semolina / pizza flour on the peel?

And do you know the "hovercraft" trick? Works every time.

Last edited:
My dough was just too hydrated. I had my method all dialed in, and then was
"Maybe I don't... let me try a wetter dough?" :facepalm

I usually give it a good shake to see if it will slide before I put toppings on and then in
between each topping. I was all good until I tried to place it on the Stone. That's when
shit went sideways. Literally! I think I ended up shaking half of my toppings directly onto
the Stone. Then I grew impatient and it got worse before it got better.

I'll be making a new batch of Dough this week, and going back to my slightly less hydrated
method. :chef

3 300 gram Pizza Dough Balls after a 24 hour Bulk Ferment. Trying a more hydrated method. Again.
Not as smooth as my less hydrated dough---a Neapolitan style dough that is 60-65%. This one is just above
70% and hard as hell to work with.

Doing another 24 ferment, a degassing, and then I'll freeze them for use later.

20231016_193041.jpg

I like a bit more texture and crunch, so I may end up back to the Neapolitan/New York style dough
that is less hydrated. And a fuck of a lot easier to work with. :chef

I am the Pizza Shop Owner here. Get the fuck off my sidewalk!! :LOL:

The owner makes a valid point. Judge an entire business on one bite, and then make it go viral
on your little YT channel with millions of subscribers??

How is that small business friendly? Also, Portnoy has way more Guido in him than I can handle
in "one bite." :facepalm

I am the Pizza Shop Owner here. Get the fuck off my sidewalk!! :LOL:

The owner makes a valid point. Judge an entire business on one bite, and then make it go viral
on your little YT channel with millions of subscribers??

How is that small business friendly? Also, Portnoy has way more Guido in him than I can handle
in "one bite." :facepalm

Tens of millions to small business vs. some idiot in a shirt that's 7 sizes too small ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some guy trying to feed his family and his employee's families versus some guy who is a
self-promotion piranha??? Hmmm... let me think for a minute about this?? :unsure:

Yeah, I'll take the small guy doing honest work every time over the megalomaniacs of the world.

If I have learned anything in life it is that horrible twats are horrible twats. Regardless of wealth,
income, and influence. If anything, the addition of the latter makes them even more twatish and
horrible. :LOL:

Last edited:
Some guy trying to feed his family and his employee's families versus some guy who is a
self-promotion piranha??? Hmmm... let me think for a minute about this?? :unsure:

Yeah, I'll take the small guy doing honest work every time over the megalomaniacs of the world.

If I have learned anything in life it is that horrible twats are horrible twats. Regardless of wealth,
income, and influence. If anything, the addition of the latter makes them even more twatish and
horrible. :LOL:
Yes I feel horrible about the torment he went through as his pizza business quadrupled after that video.

Back