The FM3 is too big

Fwiw, there's no "too big", there's just bad pedalboards. And then there's Schmidt Array. You know you want it!
SA750XDM_wx | Schmidt Array.jpg

SA750XDM_wx | Schmidt Array-1.jpg

I think there's quite some folks using more elaborated, MIDI-controlled pedalboards wishing for a processor with pretty minimal onboard controls and switches. I/O, 2-4 FX loops (ideally not causing more latency than, say, the Boss GTs), remote programmed via apps (and possibly an external knob box), remote controlled through whatever MIDI controller floats your boat. I'd go all in on such a thing myself, too. IOW: Minimal hardware "overhead" for maximum board- (and also rack-) compatibility.

Stomp or stomp xl for a pedalboard imo.

Fm3 vs QC on a pedalboard?

QC fits better, despite being a hair wider because it's smaller in the other dimensions. The FM3 is really vertically tall and also heavy - I have one on my board (temple solo 18) and it doesn't really fit in the case too well. QC has more IO if you're doing multiple loops and FOH/cab and stuff, and can be powered by the right source (CIOKS) but to use FM3 you need multiple IEC or a splitter.

Made for dwarfs, though.

true but I always keep it on my desk when I'm using it (my board has kind of a stand thing because it's small), and I do find it easier to use on a board than the FM since it's more user friendly in that setting (not at home/studio)

I only tried the QC once and instantly knew the distance between the switches was an incredible design flaw.

Last edited:
Back