The first song I’ve written in over a year….finally, damnit!

Did we choose the wrong music style? :wat
1665109413577.png
1665108758424.png

Well, I don't dig screamin' music but can appreciate it. That was well done. I can see why it took a long time to program the drums, haha.

Just finished this today, I’ll end up tweaking the mix as it gets closer to putting this on an album but time to move onto something else.

I definitely wear my influences on my sleeve in some parts and had to stay within volume limitations of my apartment when it came to vocals, but it came out pretty much how I heard it in my head once I finally did hear it. Not for those who don’t dig screaming in music!

Guitars/Bass tones are all Fractal
Rhythms- Solar E-type IIC++ on one side, Splawn Nitrous on the other
Lead- JEM with the virtual capo dropping it down a step, JPIIC+
Bass- Spector Pulse
Drums-SD3 and about a f*cking week or programming

That felt really good to sit in my truck and hear this ‘done’ after getting nothing done for so long. But holy sh*t are my metal lead fingers out of shape. I’ve been doing the Strat thing for the last 6 months, picking up a guitar and thinking “metal shred solo, let’s go!” wasn’t happening!!! :rofl

Started off with a like and had to escalate! So damn great!

Just finished this today, I’ll end up tweaking the mix as it gets closer to putting this on an album but time to move onto something else.

I definitely wear my influences on my sleeve in some parts and had to stay within volume limitations of my apartment when it came to vocals, but it came out pretty much how I heard it in my head once I finally did hear it. Not for those who don’t dig screaming in music!

Guitars/Bass tones are all Fractal
Rhythms- Solar E-type IIC++ on one side, Splawn Nitrous on the other
Lead- JEM with the virtual capo dropping it down a step, JPIIC+
Bass- Spector Pulse
Drums-SD3 and about a f*cking week or programming

That felt really good to sit in my truck and hear this ‘done’ after getting nothing done for so long. But holy sh*t are my metal lead fingers out of shape. I’ve been doing the Strat thing for the last 6 months, picking up a guitar and thinking “metal shred solo, let’s go!” wasn’t happening!!! :rofl

Holy shit!!! That was incredible, totally dig it!!!
:beer
the rock wtf GIF

I really appreciate the kind words, guys! Thank you!

I’ve got 3-4 songs around the 80% finished mark since writing this one; Vai was spot on when he said “You’ll have times where there’s nothing coming to you, but when it does, be ready because it won’t stop”

I had gone so long with writer’s block that I forgot what it was like when I’m in normal conditions; if I go more than 3-4 days without writing/creating something, I get all f*cked up. I woke up Wednesday in the funkiest mood, feeling very negative and just down and out overall, which is highly unusual for me these days. As the day went on, it dawned on me that I’d been spending the last week playing the new God Of War and not recording/writing. As soon as I got home I jumped in my studio and in 20 minutes I was back to normal. It’s the most effective form of therapy I have in my life.

:rawk:rawk:headbang:headbang

Back