The first song I’ve written in over a year….finally, damnit!

DrewJD82

Staff member
Just finished this today, I’ll end up tweaking the mix as it gets closer to putting this on an album but time to move onto something else.

I definitely wear my influences on my sleeve in some parts and had to stay within volume limitations of my apartment when it came to vocals, but it came out pretty much how I heard it in my head once I finally did hear it. Not for those who don’t dig screaming in music!

Guitars/Bass tones are all Fractal
Rhythms- Solar E-type IIC++ on one side, Splawn Nitrous on the other
Lead- JEM with the virtual capo dropping it down a step, JPIIC+
Bass- Spector Pulse
Drums-SD3 and about a f*cking week or programming

That felt really good to sit in my truck and hear this ‘done’ after getting nothing done for so long. But holy sh*t are my metal lead fingers out of shape. I’ve been doing the Strat thing for the last 6 months, picking up a guitar and thinking “metal shred solo, let’s go!” wasn’t happening!!! :rofl

Last edited:
This is fat as fuck sir.

I’m a metal guy and pretty picky about what I’ll sit and listen to.

This made the cut.

Rhythms are sick, vocals match up.

I’m drunk in a truck in Pendleton OR and I’m not turning this off.

I’m getting KSE/Exodus vibes and digging all of it

This is fat as f**k sir.

I’m a metal guy and pretty picky about what I’ll sit and listen to.

This made the cut.

Rhythms are sick, vocals match up.

I’m drunk in a truck in Pendleton OR and I’m not turning this off.

I’m getting KSE/Exodus vibes and digging all of it

“Drunk in a truck in Pendleton” sounds like it could be some country lyrics! :rofl

There’s one riff in there I was absolutely thinking of KsE with! Partially ashamed to admit I’ve never actually listened to Exodus. :bag

I don’t really listen to anything with trem picking in it that I can think off of the top of my head, but I should because I love that sh*t. Soilwork’s probably got some of that in there.

Thanks, brother!

Drunk in a truck = high praise :satan :chef :satan

Great job, Drew! I heard the vocal influences more than riffing influences. Layne meets Randy and Devin \m/ Good job on the solo section as well!

Getting actual music written, recorded and released out into the world is super satisfying.

Drunk in a truck = high praise :satan :chef :satan

Great job, Drew! I heard the vocal influences more than riffing influences. Layne meets Randy and Devin \m/ Good job on the solo section as well!

Getting actual music written, recorded and released out into the world is super satisfying.

:headbang

Definitely nailed the vocal influences, there!!

That solo section was me spending an hour and a half trying to do all this crazy sh*t my fingers aren’t willing to do right now, so I grabbed the whammy pedal because that always bails me out, took 4-5 takes and said “f*ck it, I’m not going to get any better than this right now”. :rofl

Kick Ass Drew!

Yell Full Metal Jacket GIF

Robert Duvall GIF

Just finished this today, I’ll end up tweaking the mix as it gets closer to putting this on an album but time to move onto something else.

I definitely wear my influences on my sleeve in some parts and had to stay within volume limitations of my apartment when it came to vocals, but it came out pretty much how I heard it in my head once I finally did hear it. Not for those who don’t dig screaming in music!

Bass- Spector Pulse

That felt really good to sit in my truck and hear this ‘done’ after getting nothing done for so long. But holy sh*t are my metal lead fingers out of shape. I’ve been doing the Strat thing for the last 6 months, picking up a guitar and thinking “metal shred solo, let’s go!” wasn’t happening!!! :rofl

Holy shit… Nice!

Bass- Spector Pulse

Awesome job man! 👍👍

Back