The Collection/Couch Shot Thread

DrewJD82

Staff member
Instead of taking over Jarick’s thread I figured I’d just start a separate one for collection pics. It’s fine if you’ve already posted it elsewhere, just toss it in here FOR OUR RECORDS OF WHAT YOU OWN IN CASE WE WANT IT IN THE FUTURE, I mean so we can celebrate the awesome guitars we all have!

F3BB93ED-0E47-436A-9C79-4590EF7544CC.jpeg

From L-r

Breedlove acoustic (not a super expensive one, I think I spent $500 on it but I dig it quite a bit!)
Warwick C-POS 5-string (sounds great with lighter gauges in standard tuning and that’s IT)
Peavey Millennium 5-string- 35” scale, sounds pretty damn badass, I keep this down a step
Spector PULSE- This made me happy with my bass tones. It sounds like a Spector for $900!
Orville LP- has an Aldrich in the bridge now and I can’t put it down since I installed it, might be the best LP I’ve ever played
Edwards LPC- Need more time to break this thing in and get the pickups working properly. I have the new 3-way, just need time to install it. Has an 81/85 now.
Partscaster-Old Man Strat- This is the one with the 1” neck that I fell in love with. Pribora Classic pickups, just a basic, awesome Strat
Partscaster-Gilmour Strat- Might be my current favorite guitar all around. Plays so f*cking good and the tones are endless
Classic 50’s Strat- Needs a re-fret and new guts, I’m just too lazy to put another pickguard together for it. $300 impulse buy, might give it to my uncle
’97 Ibanez JEM7V- my original baby. I grew with this guitar as a player and feel it shaped who I became. The only guitar I feel truly limitless on
’99 Ibanez RG7620- I wanted a UV but scored this for $500. Has a 707 in the bridge that I’m most likely changing soon
Ibanez RG470- one of the MIJ ones, I scored it for $60 at a pawn shop, this will eventually be turned into a JEM77GMC
Ibanez SZ320- originally bought to be a backup for my JEM, became a main player because it’s a tank and plays so damn good
Solar E-type- The most badass metal guitar I own, it weighs a ton and demands chugging riffs, as expected. F*cking badass guitar

I still have 4-5 more in the closet, but they’re in various states of non-functioning, some just need a new pickup switch or a setup, but due to the memories attached to them, they’re better off in the closet for now.

Instead of taking over Jarick’s thread I figured I’d just start a separate one for collection pics. It’s fine if you’ve already posted it elsewhere, just toss it in here FOR OUR RECORDS OF WHAT YOU OWN IN CASE WE WANT IT IN THE FUTURE, I mean so we can celebrate the awesome guitars we all have!

View attachment 3817

From L-r

Breedlove acoustic (not a super expensive one, I think I spent $500 on it but I dig it quite a bit!)
Warwick C-POS 5-string (sounds great with lighter gauges in standard tuning and that’s IT)
Peavey Millennium 5-string- 35” scale, sounds pretty damn badass, I keep this down a step
Spector PULSE- This made me happy with my bass tones. It sounds like a Spector for $900!
Orville LP- has an Aldrich in the bridge now and I can’t put it down since I installed it, might be the best LP I’ve ever played
Edwards LPC- Need more time to break this thing in and get the pickups working properly. I have the new 3-way, just need time to install it. Has an 81/85 now.
Partscaster-Old Man Strat- This is the one with the 1” neck that I fell in love with. Pribora Classic pickups, just a basic, awesome Strat
Partscaster-Gilmour Strat- Might be my current favorite guitar all around. Plays so f*cking good and the tones are endless
Classic 50’s Strat- Needs a re-fret and new guts, I’m just too lazy to put another pickguard together for it. $300 impulse buy, might give it to my uncle
’97 Ibanez JEM7V- my original baby. I grew with this guitar as a player and feel it shaped who I became. The only guitar I feel truly limitless on
’99 Ibanez RG7620- I wanted a UV but scored this for $500. Has a 707 in the bridge that I’m most likely changing soon
Ibanez RG470- one of the MIJ ones, I scored it for $60 at a pawn shop, this will eventually be turned into a JEM77GMC
Ibanez SZ320- originally bought to be a backup for my JEM, became a main player because it’s a tank and plays so damn good
Solar E-type- The most badass metal guitar I own, it weighs a ton and demands chugging riffs, as expected. F*cking badass guitar

I still have 4-5 more in the closet, but they’re in various states of non-functioning, some just need a new pickup switch or a setup, but due to the memories attached to them, they’re better off in the closet for now.
If I got 'em all out for a photo...my wife might remember just how many guitars I own :whistle

Are wall shots ok? I'm too lazy to stage them on the couch. :whistle
View attachment 3818
Jackson Pro Soloist MII
LTD Arrow
PRS CU24
PRS Paul's
PRS 594
PRS SE HB Std
PRS DW CE24
Vox Bobcat
Agile AL-3200
These are all killer but that black and natural DW CE24 is :satan :guiness
If I got 'em all out for a photo...my wife might remember just how many guitars I own :whistle
"What is this island of misfit guitar toys you have laid out before me?!?!?!":cry::rofl

The Edwards LP is classy af!

But it don't look like that anymore. :(

:rofl

Nice lineup Drew. I get a bit choked up when I think about where I came from and where
I am now with guitars. Totally blessed!

Happy you have all those nice companions to share your abode with. :beer

Gonna need more couch soon, though. :LOL:

Last edited:

View attachment 3817

From L-r

ARE YOU IN FORT WAYNE?!?!

Jk, great pic! Congrats

But it don't look like that anymore. :(

:rofl

Nice lineup Drew. I get a bit choked up when I think about where I came from and where
I am now with guitars. Totally blessed!

Happy you have all those nice companions to share your abode with. :beer

Gonna need more couch soon, though. :LOL:

I do miss those gold covers, truth be told. I keep putting off changing out that 3-way because I have to work up the motivation to take the whole thing apart and re-wire it after. I also get this dread feeling, since it’s pickups, that I’ll do it and it’ll still be f*cked up and I’ll be twice as bummed out after. That comes along with anything to do with pickup changes, regardless of the guitar or pickup. :rofl(Edit- I didn’t even need to remove the f*cking pickups, that wire route travels straight across the guitar, I thought I’d have to zig zag it through each pickup…that was stupid easy to get in with a zip tie!)

I think I might have said this at the Fractal forum, but I actually felt guilty-while-also-being-choked-up when I turned around and looked at all of them at for the first time and it’s exactly that ‘where I came from’ aspect that did it. It was half disbelief that I own them and half the voice I’ve been good at chasing away in more recent years, the one that says “You’re a f*ckin’ downtown piece of sh*t kid, you absolutely do not deserve these guitars”. That voice has been the culprit of much self-sabotage over the years, little f*cker. The majority of my guitar playing life I’ve owned 3 guitars and only 2 I played regularly, the rest of them showed up in the last 3 years as the result of my job, which I’ve also dealt with imposter syndrome quite a bit with.

And yeah, my boss used to give me sh*t for buying guitars (she’s like the mother I never had) until I told her they’re keeping me away from dating, then she started saying the same thing, “I’m glad you have your guitars to go home to” :ROFLMAO: Hahahah I got the maximum size couch my living room can handle and it won’t fit in any other way in here as a result. I got it thinking I’d be having people over all the time and then once it was here I remembered I was 39 and don’t want a bunch of people hanging out in my place. :rofl

Last edited:
Are wall shots ok? I'm too lazy to stage them on the couch. :whistle
View attachment 3818
Jackson Pro Soloist MII
LTD Arrow
PRS CU24
PRS Paul's
PRS 594
PRS SE HB Std
PRS DW CE24
Vox Bobcat
Agile AL-3200

I LOVE the smaller inlays on the green Jackson, that’s slick. What’s that color called on the first PRS on the left? I reaaaallly dig that one.

I LOVE the smaller inlays on the green Jackson, that’s slick. What’s that color called on the first PRS on the left? I reaaaallly dig that one.
The Jackson is basically like not having inlays, lol!

That PRS is Autumn Sky, basically Copperhead with an orange burst.

Here's all but one of mine-

i-Q8KTQR8-XL.jpg

(L to R):
Ovation Celebrity CS-257
Squire Contemporary Active Strat
2013 Fender FSR in honey burst
Tom Delonge Partscaster in Surf Green
Fender Classic Series 50s Strat in Daphne Blue
Ibanez AWD-83T
LTD Eclipse EC-1000QM
Jackson JS30RRFR
Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior
Ibanez M511SE Mandolin

i-Pk5sqbn-XL.jpg

Warmoth Super Strat w/ Kramer Neck
Aria Pro II ZZ Custom
Ibanez RG7320 (behind the Aria)
Ibanez 540-PII
Fender 2018 MIJ Pink Paisley Jazzmaster
Ibanez AS-93
Ibanez SRX2-EX1 4 string bass
Ibanez SR305 5 string bass

Not pictured- Mitchell MD-300 (one of the best feeling necks in my entire collection. Seriously!)

20230122_204942.jpg
20230122_203913.jpg
20230122_204743.jpg

20230122_212414.jpg

0. Squire Stratocaster, 80's MIJ in Electric Blue - My dad bought this and a Peavey Bandit after selling off his Marshall full stack, LP and Flying V to help fund home appliances when I was just a wee lad. I used to sneak out into the garage when he wasn't home, and play the only chord I remembered that he taught me. After my mom caught me, it pretty much became my first guitar. When I left home it stayed. A few years ago he was gonna sell it off so I snagged it for a bird. My dad replaced everything on it so only the body is original. The aftermarket bridge is decked because it doesn't fit correctly, the Warmoth neck is a little too small for the neck pocket, the saddle height screws are long and sharp. He gave it one of those loaded pick guards with hot noiseless pickups and 500k pots which I swapped into my MIM Strat, so now this guitar has 2011 spec wiring. Still smells like it did when I was a kid.

1. Hofner Shorty packed up and ready to go - my kickaround travel guitar. I let my small kids use it when they feel like playing guitar. It comes with me on all of our trips. All stock, with shitty tuners.

2. Ibanez Prestige AZ2402 PWF - a year old, installed graphite saddles and Tremol-no. The daily driver.

3. Ibanez TMB100 - Active preamp, passive pickups. My recording bass but have jammed with it. Same strings since about 2017. Chunkier neck than a Jazz bass or SR Ibby bass necks.

4. Fender Standard Stratocaster Olympic White 2011 MIM. Has the pre-wired pick guard that came out of #0 with Area 61 Neck/Middle and Zexcoil Juicy Bucker Bridge (push/push tone knob for splitting the JBucker) pickups, graphite saddles, Schaller locking tuners, killswitch, Bridge-On Switch. I've fought with this guitar for a while but I like the pickups I've got in it now.

5. PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin in Vintage Cherry. All stock except graphite saddles. Love this guitar and I'm afraid to modify it because I love it. Frets need work due to constant playing. I couldn't put this thing down for a year after I got it.

6. Agile Intrepid 830 Pro - bought in 2013 as a wedding gift to myself. 30" scale 8 string in EADGCFAD. Rings like a bell and has some serious growl. Rewired for coil splits. The low string has some annoying fret buzz that I can't get rid of. Nut was filed by a caveman.

7. Ibanez SIR27FD - 7 String, upgraded low-mass Bridge, Hipshot locking tuners with prototype guide plates, Dimarzio Ionizer-7 pickups. Thin AF neck so I can't play it for days on end.

8. Seagull S6+ Folk - this was a gift from a guitar teacher to me and my wife. Thin, wide neck that I don't really like but has a passive preamp and output jack.

9. Yamaha acoustic - I forget the model, made in China. Was my wife's before I met her now it's mine because she doesn't play it. Sounds and feels great.

10. Laguna LE300 - I needed an emergency guitar and this was what I picked up from Guitar Center around 2009. Of course it had a high gloss tobacco sunburst finish that I sanded off and painted flat black. Guts were ripped and the body/headstock roughly reshaped. Installed an Iron Gear Sledgehammer pickup and it serves as my living room guitar. The neck is very nice.

I have a large pile of cheap Fender nylon-string classical guitars (my wife used to teach guitar to a classroom full of kids) and a Taylor SB-1 buried in my kids closet somewhere (another gift from the retired guy), and my kids' First Act acoustic from 2005 that has been through hell and only broke 1 string.

Last edited:
Many of these are gone due to the GI/GO law
c1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

c5.JPG

C6.jpg

A1.jpg
IMG_7732.JPG

The keepers:
  • Ibanez RG550LTD. Besides its long history, this guitar has special mojo. It has surpassed some of the Suhrs, Tom Anderson and JEM you can see above
  • Ibanez J.Custom RG8570CST :whistle:
  • Ibanez S540FM
  • Fender American Deluxe. Now with a DG20 pickguard. Since I am into scalloped necks I do not get used to these small frets. Maybe I will send it to the skallopator.
  • Orange Frankenstrat: body and scalloped-neck from Ali Express. Surprisingly good. Harmonic Design Z90 pickups. Original Floyd Rose.
  • Partcaster: Fender Highway body, Warmoth scalloped neck, SSL-5/Fat'5-/Fat'50. The best Strat I ever had on my hands. Love the Warmoth scalloped neck

Last edited:
I played one of those Ibanez J. Custom RG8570CST over at the Axe Palace this afternoon, pretty sweet guitar.
They've got some real nice J Custom's and Prestige's in there.

Back