The Annual NAMM predictions rumours thread 2024

Other than the TI stuff that Fractal uses on the Axe-Fx 3, is there any real viable competition for the Analog Devices stuff for digital pedals and modelers?

Pedals are moving to pure ARM processors as that seems to be more than good enough, but I guess not fast enough or the right feature set for complex modelers.

I assume Fractal is also going to use the SC594 in their future compact modeler products, since you are using the SC587 in the FM3/FM9. Based on specs, it looks like the SC594 would double clock speed on both SHARC and ARM cores over the SC587. Eagerly waiting for that touchscreen-operated FM0 with FM9 level performance! ;)

I think @Digital Igloo has said no Helix successor in 2024 but would have to dig the specific quotes from TOP.
So does this mean a FM3 Turbo 2 (FM3TB2 LOL) and FM9TB2 is coming?

I have the feeling that in a few months there'll be a lot of obsolete units in the market.

Kemper already made his move, I don't think they're launching anything else soon. The same goes for Hotone (Stage), Mooer (GE1000) or Nux (Trident).

But almost any other brand has entered the "launching window", I guess.

Headrush must be about to launch the MX5 upgrade.

Helix 2? Cliff seems to be really sure about it (can virtually guarantee it).

Fractal?

Boss and Zoom are also possible actors here.

Atomic? Some Tonocracy hardware?

This NAMM is going to be funny!

I have the feeling that in a few months there'll be a lot of obsolete units in the market.

Kemper already made his move, I don't think they're launching anything else soon. The same goes for Hotone (Stage), Mooer (GE1000) or Nux (Trident).

But almost any other brand has entered the "launching window", I guess.

Headrush must be about to launch the MX5 upgrade.

Helix 2? Cliff seems to be really sure about it (can virtually guarantee it).

Fractal?

Boss and Zoom are also possible actors here.

Atomic? Some Tonocracy hardware?

This NAMM is going to be funny!
What can Boss, Zoom or Atomic bring to the table at this point, though? Boss will never have anything to tout other than more X stuff. Unless someone walks in that board room and starts pulling heads out of asses :ROFLMAO: Zoom is in a similar but much worse boat. Atomic has Toneacracy but it also has people on forums all over the place talking about unreturned out for repair CLRs and AAwhateverthefucks.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What can Boss, Zoom or Atomic bring to the table at this point, though? Boss will never have anything to tout other than more X stuff. Unless someone walks in that board room and starts pulling heads out of asses :ROFLMAO: Zoom is in a similar but much worse boat. Atomic has Toneacracy but it also has people on forums all over the place talking about unreturned out for repair CLRs and AAwhateverthefucks.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well... Boss should are least bring a new flagship unit to the market. The GT-1000 is getting dated in terms of UI, and it's been out for many years now.

Zoom can also retire the G11 and keep on giving their own version of multieffects. Yeah, they are controversial, but they always follow their own path. As a personal taste, I still prefer Zoom units to Boss ones. It's also time to move on... Their sales must have been catastrophic with the last range of units, so it wouldn't be surprising to see something new from them.

Atomic... Who knows. Yeah, there are users waiting for repairs and whatnot. But remember that these forums are not a valid representation of the real market. If it was the case, several companies would have already broke. They must be still selling something if they're still alive.

I don't know, I think there'll be some movement.

As someone whose favorite thing in life is music tech, I may need to find some shady doctor to put me in a medically induced coma until MusicRadar et all start rolling out the NAMM 2024 product announcements.

Actually, I think I know just the guy...

1000003055.jpg

Last edited:
I think we’ll be seeing the new Dean Zelinsky Dime models. It’ll be interesting to see if they flood the line with BS models you’d win at an arcade if you had enough tickets or not.

Friedman is going to have a booth this year, which I found surprising considering all he’s spoken against NAMM this year. Oh yeah, I asked on the ToneTalk yesterday about the power amp he was working on for modelers, he said he’s not giving anything away yet but it’ll be mono and small, so I’m guessing he’s zoning in on that Duncan 170 area. Just give me a square box with some damn 6L6’s in it, some in’s and out’s and I’m good.

Well... Boss should are least bring a new flagship unit to the market. The GT-1000 is getting dated in terms of UI, and it's been out for many years now.

Zoom can also retire the G11 and keep on giving their own version of multieffects. Yeah, they are controversial, but they always follow their own path. As a personal taste, I still prefer Zoom units to Boss ones. It's also time to move on... Their sales must have been catastrophic with the last range of units, so it wouldn't be surprising to see something new from them.

Atomic... Who knows. Yeah, there are users waiting for repairs and whatnot. But remember that these forums are not a valid representation of the real market. If it was the case, several companies would have already broke. They must be still selling something if they're still alive.

I don't know, I think there'll be some movement.
True. But Boss has never been about good UI. And obviously with what I use; that isn't main concern if you go by "accepted knowledge" :whistle :rofl

On Zoom; catastrophic sales would probably not be the best thing to fund R&D for a rebuild.

Out of all of these; Atomic is most interesting if you factor in the capturing aspect. But not really any hurry to do anything if they do bring something out. We'll see what happens :unsure:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
X1 full midi implementation
Stereo fx loop ,IOS editor
And a single X amp model

I think we’ll be seeing the new Dean Zelinsky Dime models. It’ll be interesting to see if they flood the line with BS models you’d win at an arcade if you had enough tickets or not.

Friedman is going to have a booth this year, which I found surprising considering all he’s spoken against NAMM this year. Oh yeah, I asked on the ToneTalk yesterday about the power amp he was working on for modelers, he said he’s not giving anything away yet but it’ll be mono and small, so I’m guessing he’s zoning in on that Duncan 170 area. Just give me a square box with some damn 6L6’s in it, some in’s and out’s and I’m good.
So likely not at tube unless he is going EL84 but small compact probably and analog
Circuit

If Line 6 is coming up with whatever named Helix sucsessor, I'm wondering whether they'll finally come to the conclusion that using decent hardware would be a good idea. It'd be a first for them, but then, let's hope they're still willing to learn...

If Line 6 is coming up with whatever named Helix sucsessor, I'm wondering whether they'll finally come to the conclusion that using decent hardware would be a good idea. It'd be a first for them, but then, let's hope they're still willing to learn...
Say what now? The Helix is the most rugged modeler, like, EVER.

The Helix is pretty solid , they threw it off a roof in one of the early vids Iirc, can it fail ?sure
But my buddy has had more trouble with his 2020 BMW, and it wasn't $1699

Back