The Annual NAMM predictions rumours thread 2024

NAMM is over

Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

Eh... Soon?

I don’t know. The QC was released all the way back in 2021. That’s kind of long in the tooth in our modern digital market cycles. There’s been like 4 iPhones since then, and I’ve replaced my air fryer/toaster twice. Is NDSP over?

Edit: [sarcasm]

Last edited:
I don’t know. The QC was released all the way back in 2021. That’s kind of long in the tooth in our modern digital market cycles. There’s been like 4 iPhones since then, and I’ve replaced my air fryer/toaster twice. Is NDSP over?
Yeah, it`s over :puppet

Far from "over" I'd say, but definitely beyond the point where that prank booth generates enough buzz to justify the cost.

If we are all honest, if the original QC introduction was like this, rather than what it was (showing hardware with infantile software loaded and saying it would be ready for release in a matter of months) most of us would hate on them a lot less.

While the “soon” bit may rub me the wrong way, if this IS a product release, kudos to them for learning their lesson.

Man, these big boy pants sure are uncomfortable…not sure I’ll be able to keep them on ALL day…

I think Soon has become synonymous with NDSP and their QC
which really is only fitting given to the fact they have said that on many occasions
and their stunt at NAMM show that they are very well aware that they are known as "Soon" company

If we are all honest, if the original QC introduction was like this, rather than what it was (showing hardware with infantile software loaded and saying it would be ready for release in a matter of months) most of us would hate on them a lot less.

While the “soon” bit may rub me the wrong way, if this IS a product release, kudos to them for learning their lesson.

Man, these big boy pants sure are uncomfortable…not sure I’ll be able to keep them on ALL day…

If this is a product release (I absolutely do not believe it is and think the Hawaiian shirt dude i just making clickbait) then that would explain the QC’s development pace since surely they had to devote resources to designing something new. Considering the QC still isn’t at the ’complete’ stage, I’m not sure there was anything learned here outside of ‘don’t announce a product before it’s ready, just hint at it’ and internally, ‘Let’s not use that hardware again because we’ll be fixing QC’s for eternity”

If this is a product release (I absolutely do not believe it is and think the Hawaiian shirt dude i just making clickbait) then that would explain the QC’s development pace since surely they had to devote resources to designing something new. Considering the QC still isn’t at the ’complete’ stage, I’m not sure there was anything learned here outside of ‘don’t announce a product before it’s ready, just hint at it’ and internally, ‘Let’s not use that hardware again because we’ll be fixing QC’s for eternity”
Private equity money behind NDSP may just push for more and more plugins $$ instead.

I wonder How mUch this Commercial / Promo cost ?

1:) its a real Boutique and the Guy is the owner so Maybe free exposure ?
2:) maybe @JiveTurkey can tell us how much they paid him to say "I'm looking for anything Mesa Boogie" ? :D

Back