THE AMP SIM PLUGIN THREAD

I grabbed nameless…. Comparing it to the morello amp is laughable. Only had a 15 minute play to refresh the brain and yeah it rips for Marshall metal/punk

There's a free update for Nameless users that adds some cool effects !

https://neuraldsp.com/downloads
Is it me or does it sound different (in a good way) than the OG? I'm going to reamp to test later just for kicks.

EDIT: they're pretty much identical.

In Reaper, RT CPU usage at 96KHz, 32 samples (0.6 / 2.8ms IO latency) is crazy different:

- New version eats up ~23% RT CPU

1714158093365.png

- Old version with "oversampling" on Normal eats up ~52% RT CPU

1714158121427.png

- Old version with "oversampling" on High gets me to 60% RT CPU

1714158162565.png

New version is VERY efficient and sounds just as good. I'm impressed.

Last edited:
Is it me or does it sound different (in a good way) than the OG? I'm going to reamp to test later just for kicks.

EDIT: they're pretty much identical.

In Reaper, RT CPU usage at 96KHz, 32 samples (0.6 / 2.8ms IO latency) is crazy different:

- New version eats up ~23% RT CPU

View attachment 22108

- Old version with "oversampling" on Normal eats up ~52% RT CPU

View attachment 22109

- Old version with "oversampling" on High gets me to 60% RT CPU

View attachment 22110

New version is VERY efficient and sounds just as good. I'm impressed.
Just loaded it and looked briefly, but hope to try it out this weekend.

:chef

The Nameless X feels much better now, not that the "non-X" version was bad or anything.
Can't tell if the actual sound got better or not, might just be a placebo effect, but it definitely feels better to play.

They both add:

Doubler (mono only)
Transpose
Room Send (cab section)

Nameless finally gets: EQ, Reverb, Delay

As much loathe love/hate Neural I’m thinking about demoing the Nameless while it’s half off. I love the Fortin Cali plug, that was my go-to for gained up tones for a while.

Is anyone using the NDSP transpose thing successfully?

Tempted to get Nameless (on top of the Tone King which is pretty great) partially for that functionality but it just seems comically bad down even just a half step. I must be doing something wrong, sounds a bit like this:

Tempted to get Nameless (on top of the Tone King which is pretty great) partially for that functionality but it just seems comically bad down even just a half step.
It's only useful to learn a riff or song quickly by ear, without re-tuning your guitar.

Tempted to get Nameless (on top of the Tone King which is pretty great) partially for that functionality but it just seems comically bad down even just a half step. I must be doing something wrong, sounds a bit like this:

I do and find it works good enough in most cases.
I found it works better going down in pitch rather than up but usable in both cases.
There seems to be a trick to it though, at least in my experience: having the sample rate at 96k and the buffer size as low as possible without getting "snap, crackle & pop".
I use it at band practice & works better than the Fractal pitch block for capo purposes.

Back