- Fuchs Train II
- Rockerverb
- Dirty Shirley
- Diezel VH4
- Diezel Herbert
- Ampeg Suite
- Suhr PT100 and SE100
- ENGL Savage

IR’s are almost always bad (weird blends of odd mics, very phasey, lots of eq, and not typical “bread and butter” tones).
you mean the cabs on the PA amp plugins!!

This might be the best spreadsheet ever created.

One thing I am thinking though is that the Audient iD4 mentioned there is the mark 2? I have an OG iD4 (mk 1 I guess) I've had forever and it seems like the max input volume on it is 8 dBu not 12. I'll paste some specs from the manual here to be sure I'm not reading this incorrectly. I just started using a guitar with an EMG 57 in the bridge and the output sounded almost slightly too hot for it to my ear even though the input levels in my DAW seem fine and it doesn't have the look of clipping. Maybe I'm just not used to EMGs yet (I do like it btw now that I've adjusted my ear from all the passives I've used) I just cranked the NDSP plugin input I was using to 4.2 and it seems... ok...

Specs from the manual, I have the DI Gain set to 0/10, and it looks like based on this the `0` setting is actually a -5db pad? The NDSP plugin input set to 4.2 based on the formulas from the spreadsheet.
D.I / INSTRUMENT INPUT:
(Channel 2)
D.I GAIN: -5 to 35dB
MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL: +8 dBu (0.6% THD typical)

INPUT IMPEDANCE: >500k Ω unbalanced
(NOTE: lol... so minimum 501K Ω? I guess this SHOULD actually be better for the EMGs tbh than 1M)
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: ±0.1dB 20Hz to 22kHz
THD+N @ 0dBu (1kHz): <0.2% all musical 2nd and 3rd harmonic
Typically 0.05% at 0dBu
SNR: 87 dB un-weighted, 90 dB A-weighted
1/4” TS JACK: Tip (Hot) & Sleeve (Shield)

This might be the best spreadsheet ever created.

One thing I am thinking though is that the Audient iD4 mentioned there is the mark 2? I have an OG iD4 (mk 1 I guess) I've had forever and it seems like the max input volume on it is 8 dBu not 12. I'll paste some specs from the manual here to be sure I'm not reading this incorrectly. I just started using a guitar with an EMG 57 in the bridge and the output sounded almost slightly too hot for it to my ear even though the input levels in my DAW seem fine and it doesn't have the look of clipping. Maybe I'm just not used to EMGs yet (I do like it btw now that I've adjusted my ear from all the passives I've used) I just cranked the NDSP plugin input I was using to 4.2 and it seems... ok...

Specs from the manual, I have the DI Gain set to 0/10, and it looks like based on this the `0` setting is actually a -5db pad? The NDSP plugin input set to 4.2 based on the formulas from the spreadsheet.
gain at 0=8dBu for you, -4.2dB is what you need

Back