TGF Do Something Challenge Week 6!

Yet another iPad demo

Killer song, once again. On my system, all the levels sound a tiny bit too hot, and seem to be getting squashed and/or creating digital distortion. But, it still blows me away what you're doing with just an iPad. Way to go!

Not sure if this counts. If it doesn't; no worries. I grabbed the Lasse Lammert stems and used my GridSlammer Badlander cap for the guitar DIs. Turned out sounding like me Badlander. With a Grid Slammer up front :rofl

Here's one you've never heard before!
Been revisiting some of the classics I've forgotten, this time learning them properly. Backing track from Youtube, in standard tuning, because I'm not changing tuning for one song!
Feel free to comment and critique what ever you want, you all mean nothing to me! mWahahaha!

Without turning this into a mixing thread, below is the original track that I posted and a new mix with side-chain compression on the bass and adaptive limiter on the output:

Please ignore the rest of the mix, for I haven't really touched anything else.

sounds really good!

Here's one you've never heard before!
Been revisiting some of the classics I've forgotten, this time learning them properly. Backing track from Youtube, in standard tuning, because I'm not changing tuning for one song!
Feel free to comment and critique what ever you want, you all mean nothing to me! mWahahaha!

backing track is very quiet but your bends are :chef

The content sucks. As soon as my hands heal up I’m going to record something legit. I’m going all in on learning this DAW.
was mostly commenting on the differences in the mix, but don't sell yourself short! Your "sucks" is still pretty damn good!

Killer song, once again. On my system, all the levels sound a tiny bit too hot, and seem to be getting squashed and/or creating digital distortion. But, it still blows me away what you're doing with just an iPad. Way to go!
I set my FM3 to +4 as an experiment and maybe that caused the clipping, thanks!

Sat down just to goof around and a few hours later had this... not sure where it came from...

Guitars:
Epiphone Muse Les Paul (cleans)
Hamer Slammer (cleans)
Solar A2.7 - distorted
Jackson HT7 - distorted

Not sure if this counts. If it doesn't; no worries. I grabbed the Lasse Lammert stems and used my GridSlammer Badlander cap for the guitar DIs. Turned out sounding like me Badlander. With a Grid Slammer up front :rofl

Damn, JT! This is awesome. Kind of djenty. :rawk

This may be my fave thing you have put up in the Challenge so far. Super tight riffing man!

You and @Iron1 got me wanting to break something now. :horse

Damn, JT! This is awesome. Kind of djenty. :rawk

This may be my fave thing you have put up in the Challenge so far. Super tight riffing man!

You and @Iron1 got me wanting to break something now. :horse
Hey these riffs are DI stems from someone else. I just used my Tone-X captures on the guitars. Thanks for the listen though \m/

Every time I forget how badly I GAS for a Badlander, someone comes along and reminds me. :rawk
You're sick, @Iron1 . I mean that in the best possible way. :headbang
:rofl

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Wut? Is that even legal? :idk

Man, this, and the Wasabi is not really Wasabi? My entire world is becoming unraveled.
He released the stems on ultimate metal forum years ago for remix purposes. I spent so much time with the damn Tone-X I wanted to get something out of it and my captures were about it. "Productivity" :oops: :rofl

That opening riff :chef

Reactions: JT
I think my family is ready for the Week 7 thread, they’ve been listening to the same riff for 10hrs straight, while I move the low cut back and forth from 100 to 120 and pretend I can hear a difference.

“Ya see, it’s not competing :farleywith the bass here”

Wife:

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Back