TeleGASter

cpmhwh68mtq5un1z7jfy.jpg

Telecasters are one kind of guitar I'm weirdly traditional about.

If it doesn't have a bolt-on neck, two single coils, 3 saddles, and a metal bridge plate, then it's not really a Telecaster. It's just a "T-shaped" guitar.

Not that I don't like those guitars, they just aren't "Telecasters" to me.

I get it. I feel the same way about calling every S-style guitar a "Strat." Those are not all Strats, let alone Stratocasters.

Getting a Telecaster or T type guitar is something I will be getting down the road
not sure what yet though but nothing to expensive though
Ill see when the time comes

Last edited:
I get it on the body dislike. Though I do dig the shape despite being metalhead'd myself! I LOVE the headstock though. Not

Yes. That neck though!

Thisssssssssss.....is probably the way :unsure:
it is not that bad, I don't find it particularly thick and I tend to like thinner necks

exzqhZR3YSM3E8qzmhfHc7-1200-80.jpg.webp

I picked one of these up when they were released. Scratched that Tele itch, plays/sounds fantastic and looks amazing.

I had one of those as well years ago. Bought on looks alone. :chef

Ended up not jiving with the Filtertron-style pups in a Tele. It was a jangle machine.

So stopped At a local shop today and ended up playing one of those new Kingfish teles. Non-traditional status duly noted; it looked and played FANTASTIC in person :love The pictures DO NOT do the finish justice!
750-TeleKfDxMN_front.jpg.auto.webp

Those big-ass 70s Fender headstocks make sure you get your own space on stage, and
no one dares infringe upon it. :rofl

Those 70s Tele Deluxes seem more akin to an LP than a traditional Telecaster, given the
Wide Range pickups and control layout, in my experience. :idk

For me it’s either the “classic” tele or the “deluxe 70’s” that has two hb’s.

Everything else is just a telecaster shape.

I think having a classic/standard tele offers a variety that is nice to have. Having only one guitar being a telecaster is limiting…. Ask me :LOL:

But I like to limit myself.. y’all know how I am by now. Have serious problem with owning things. I probably need another guitar but like the torture and self humiliation that comes with being restrictive :facepalm mine is a Partscaster and the emotional attachment of putting it together back in -15 makes it impossible to walk away from. I love her.

I did put a mini humbucker in my bridge though, as I don’t really like the single coil bridge thing (sacrilege I know…) but I’m like 90% on the neck pup anyway. The SD mini is nothing like a proper hb but kinda has the warmth and softness at least, and output… so I can go wild when I want to….
Imo there is an artful respect in kicking ass (like huge metal hardcore post rock whatever wall of sound) with a tele bridge pup. It’s certainly doable.

But the thick hard-edged body shape in my ribs (when I'm sat down)... not so much.

Sacrilege to most, I know... but I'm a sucker for the tummy cut (on my JM and Cutlass)
Totally agree, it’s my main and only problem. My tele is heavy asf and the body is not comfortable in any way. There’s only one position that is comfortable and that position causes me back pain after a while :ROFLMAO: I’ve played with the idea of getting a new body with at least a belly cut, the arm cut is no go on a tele imo, because it looks wrong gdamit! But nahhh… the work…

The short flirt I had with a Prestige TQM showed me how good guitars can be, it was night and day in terms of comfort.

Jive… if you get a tele… get one with at least a belly cut. The arm thing you can probably get used to. Maybe even good to have that edge to get annoyed with so you don’t become a Stetson and boots kinda dude :sofa

If you want something a bit non-traditional, I highly recommend the John Page Classic AJ. These can be had used for way undervalued.

custom_resized_4f099145-1b49-405c-93dd-9abf35b0cd2d_720x.jpg

The Kotzen Teles are fantastic guitars while still retaining the tele identity. The Root Tele is a killer axe but not exactly twangy :p

Fattest neck I have ever had my hands on. Jumbo frets to boot! I liked it, but if you don't like Mastodon Tusks for necks then
look elsewhere. :LOL:

I highly recommend Warmoth. Great prices, and everything I’ve received from them is excellent quality.

When I was shopping for my current Tele I couldn’t find one with the specs I wanted so I built this with Warmoth parts:

View attachment 2624
Lovely! Mine to is mostly warmoth. As soon as I sold the Ibanez Prestige I ordered a warmoth unfinished roasted chunky maple neck and replaced the high gloss (also warmoth) maple neck. :) I’ll take a pick someday, but you’ve seen it on my IG clips.

I highly recommend Warmoth. Great prices, and everything I’ve received from them is excellent quality.

When I was shopping for my current Tele I couldn’t find one with the specs I wanted so I built this with Warmoth parts:

View attachment 2624

Oh, now that is really tasty! :chef

Funnily enough, that's the exact same colour scheme I was going to go for, for my Warmoth Jazzcaster that I've been speccing up. So obviously it's a very classy choice haha! ;)

Last edited:
Back