I would love an Aristides neck with a wood body

SpaceMan

Groupie
Natural wood grain of a guitar body is what of the aesthetics that draws me in the most. I would love to have an Aristides with a nice swamp ash body and quilted maple top, or a million other possibilities. Does anyone else think there would be a market for this? I imagine it would significantly cut down on the cost relative to a full-Arium-guitar counterpart.

Maybe there are other composite neck manufacturers that I should look into. Does anyone have any recommendations?

So most necks? Not really understanding.

Did they mean compound radius necks I wonder?
A composite material (also called a composition material or shortened to composite, which is the common name) is a material which is produced from two or more constituent materials. These constituent materials have notably dissimilar chemical or physical properties and are merged to create a material with properties unlike the individual elements. Within the finished structure, the individual elements remain separate and distinct, distinguishing composites from mixtures and solid solutions.

Anyway. Composite or compound my Schecter C-1 SLS Elite has both I guess.

Screenshot_20240324-075333_Chrome.jpg

I would love to have an Aristides with a nice swamp ash body and quilted maple top
Back on topic, they are known for making customized guitars. I wonder if they would be willing to make one the way they usually make them, but with wood top.

IMG_2019.jpeg

This is that but nobody really makes full carbon necks anymore because they end up being very expensive. Moses Graphite was the last one I can think of but they had many qc issues. If you used one of their necks you would have to basically reshape it to specs. Fortunately their construction method allows you to make alterations. It is not a fibreglass layout process.

Moses Graphite made the last bolt on Steinberger necks for the Music Yo era guitars GR GM GLB . These were satin finish and had a truss rod which easily identifies them.

Flaxwood sells their necks as Tele/Strat body compatible parts.

The Flaxwood material is injection molded spruce fiber + resin. It feels a bit like ebony.

I don't think I've touched the truss rod on my Flaxwood Rautia since I bought it.

Moses Graphite made the last bolt on Steinberger necks for the Music Yo era guitars GR GM GLB . These were satin finish and had a truss rod which easily identifies them.
I wanted one of those necks so bad back then. Should have ordered. I see they're in business but are they still making necks?

Flaxwood sells their necks as Tele/Strat body compatible parts.

The Flaxwood material is injection molded spruce fiber + resin. It feels a bit like ebony.

I don't think I've touched the truss rod on my Flaxwood Rautia since I bought it.
I would seriously consider Flaxwood. The other options that seem good are Rubato and Klos.

Back