Tales from.. ..The StrapLab!

Thank you Moondog - I'm already thinking about other permutiations of this in diffrent colours, different weaves
They are a bit time intensive

Well-Hung warriors know I can be a little heavy-handed with the cool swag!
For a couple of years many customers willing to fly the flag of hung have been getting these fun
rehearsal space banners

txKxaLOn_o.jpg

Alas, the 200% powered by High Octane Rock banner days are over, the last few of these babies went out last week.

They are being replaced by this new "Borne To Perform" design, which I hope will get as much or more critical acclaim as the last one received.

2" tall by 3" wide, as measured by Nigel Tufnel.

7TX9Y6zT_o.jpg

The New for 2024 Well Hung "Borne to Perform" rehearsal space banner is a dark-magic sort of thing, invariably serving to inspire, intimidate and incite to incinerate most who are found in its rather imposing presence. It is fully none-more black (except parts that ain't). Same great size, featuring the Well-Hung logo front and center, surrounded by a poisonous soup of killer rock 'n roll lyrics! Just short snippets from many of our favorite artists. You and your friends gonna sit there for probably hours arguing over which songs are which, which band sang what, all that. Maybe a few of the very best of you might even figure them all out! Warning: a few of the lyrics are, shall we say, a little ** ! SPICY ! ** ie. your mom may not approve.

Why you need this: Fly this banner proudly in your rehearsal space, man cave, guitar room, home studio, shop, garage, or pin onstage at gigs to declare allegiance as a devoted StrapLab Cult-Member Tribal Warrior! Alternately, if you adhere to the teen male/bachelor-forever school of interior decorating, these babies also make crazy cool makeshift curtains for all kinds of windows. It can quickly conceal all the unspeakable debaucheries you're probably up to in there from your prying neighbors or nosy authorities.

Anyway, you can buy one outright from the Well-Hung store, or you can simply pick up any strap at regular price, and ask me to include one in the package. I just might!

Put together a little promo vid for my Edmonton Guitar Show appearance happening in just over a weeks' time... maybe it'll get picked up on the socials. Gotta try stuff!

These won't be listed for sale online until after the show, but any that don't sell off there, watch Reverb for the listings in early Oct. I'll probably boost them here too. Or travel up for the show, come meet me and shop dozens and dozens of straps, (and hundreds of guitars) and meet me in-person! I'm not very smart, but extremely handsome.

Matty in North Carolina is like a foodie-type, but instead for gear. I know some of you can relate
Anyway, this dude has seen it all, and knows his onions, and is 100% trusty and correctish

TGIF my brothers!

Last edited:
Thank you Moondog - I'm already thinking about other permutiations of this in diffrent colours, different weaves
They are a bit time intensive

Well-Hung warriors know I can be a little heavy-handed with the cool swag!
For a couple of years many customers willing to fly the flag of hung have been getting these fun
rehearsal space banners

txKxaLOn_o.jpg

Alas, the 200% powered by High Octane Rock banner days are over, the last few of these babies went out last week.

They are being replaced by this new "Borne To Perform" design, which I hope will get as much or more critical acclaim as the last one received.

2" tall by 3" wide, as measured by Nigel Tufnel.

7TX9Y6zT_o.jpg

The New for 2024 Well Hung "Borne to Perform" rehearsal space banner is a dark-magic sort of thing, invariably serving to inspire, intimidate and incite to incinerate most who are found in its rather imposing presence. It is fully none-more black (except parts that ain't). Same great size, featuring the Well-Hung logo front and center, surrounded by a poisonous soup of killer rock 'n roll lyrics! Just short snippets from many of our favorite artists. You and your friends gonna sit there for probably hours arguing over which songs are which, which band sang what, all that. Maybe a few of the very best of you might even figure them all out! Warning: a few of the lyrics are, shall we say, a little ** ! SPICY ! ** ie. your mom may not approve.

Why you need this: Fly this banner proudly in your rehearsal space, man cave, guitar room, home studio, shop, garage, or pin onstage at gigs to declare allegiance as a devoted StrapLab Cult-Member Tribal Warrior! Alternately, if you adhere to the teen male/bachelor-forever school of interior decorating, these babies also make crazy cool makeshift curtains for all kinds of windows. It can quickly conceal all the unspeakable debaucheries you're probably up to in there from your prying neighbors or nosy authorities.

Anyway, you can buy one outright from the Well-Hung store, or you can simply pick up any strap at regular price, and ask me to include one in the package. I just might!
Oh damn I need this new banner

The other one is in the background of so many of my gear pics

IMG_8157.jpeg

@Aynirar27 a true Well-Hung Warrior would know your pic framing/crop is NOT ideal logo mojo!

steve-harvey.gif

@Iron1 @LiveeviL2000 is a fierce and powerful Barbarian-type, but he too-often gets sidetracked from guitar rape and pillage activities by household chore duties like vacuuming and dishes, and/or his supervisor at the office.
Lol my bad. I tried to find one with one of your straps in it too!

@Iron1 @LiveeviL2000 is a fierce and powerful Barbarian-type, but he too-often gets sidetracked from guitar rape and pillage activities by household chore duties like vacuuming and dishes, and/or his supervisor at the office.
Great - now I picture @LiveeviL2000 playing ultra-heavy riffs with his Jackson V hanging on a Well Hung strap partially obscuring the view of his form-fitting French Maid outfit. Shave your legs! Slacker. Smh…

He might need a new strap from your Feather Duster line.

Great - now I picture @LiveeviL2000 playing ultra-heavy riffs with his Jackson V hanging on a Well Hung strap partially obscuring the view of his form-fitting French Maid outfit. Shave your legs! Slacker. Smh…

He might need a new strap from your Feather Duster line.

How about ultra heavy riffs with an evh inspired jem in a French maid outfit?

IMG_8801.jpeg

I don’t know why my band didn’t get bigger?

Accidentally sort of invented something cool and good today. A new Well-Hung product line has been born, now I just gotta tweak it.

If you have a favorite guitar that's a bit of an anchor weightwise, keeps you from playing it more, you might want to keep watching this space as I develop this new Well-Hung "BeastMaster" guitar strap.

aIzQbPtG_o.jpg

Not complicated really... find heavy duty material of the right resistance for an 8.5-12 lb. guitar, 3"wide, with handy non-slip silicon-ish grip built inside. Grippy enough so it works just excellent on either shoulder if you ever want to try the 'ol side carry. Do it, it's fun!

There are plenty of clowny black elastic straps out there go "boi-oi-oing!" Too much! Too silly! Way to easy to get out of control.

This one hardly moves a half inch under 8.8 lbs. You can push it another five or six inches by adding a little downward pressure. But even with approx 13 lbs on it, that weight doesn't seem at all uncomfortable. The whole rig kind of hugs you, keeps the guitar real close.

Fhz79ggg_o.jpg

Been testing this prototype for a couple hours today. It was an idea I wanted to take to the guitar show but it's performing way beyond my expectations, it's totally something else.

Adapts fantastically for pulling the neck up high and tight. Or push it right down and go all machine gun without even thinking about it. Crazy good.

Plus with the riveted leather "BeastMaster" design, I can style 'er up, color match guitars with the leather or go with different rivet choices via the hardware. So very customizable!

Not super fast to build, but not too crazy either. Gonna build me one specifically for that green LP, see if I can find a way to pad it a bit without losing the elasticity, but it's really not required.

Last edited:
Where can I find that switch for my guitars? Strap sounds great for the hefty guitars, I was thinking the new woven leather strap would have a similar comfort factor for heavier guitars!! Good stuff Man!!!

Moondog, years ago I had 400 switch plates made thinking I could sell them

Ny0ZWLO2_o.jpg

I practically lost my shirt LOL! Ended up giving 'em away with strap sales. Might have a couple still around. No indica/sativas left though, pretty sure.

Moondog, years ago I had 400 switch plates made thinking I could sell them

Ny0ZWLO2_o.jpg

I practically lost my shirt LOL! Ended up giving 'em away with strap sales. Might have a couple still around. No indica/sativas left though, pretty sure.
Sounds similar to some of my "next big thing" endeavors years ago! With the guitar switch comment though, that was more a tongue in cheek comment, though such sentiment was not so obvious (referring more to what I want from that switch rather than the switch cover itself) as I don't have a LP or similar with the selector ring. I do have the PRS McCarty 594 HBII that has the switch where an LP does, but it is double cut and I think because of the carve of the top, these would not sit flat. Anyway, thanks for sharing the story and pic, those are some fun choices ;~))

Tossed and turned last night thinking about this thing LOL! I get excited!
Got up early, made three things: Coffee, breakfast, and..

Another BeastMaster!

dtanRPuQ_o.jpg

This time I tried sewing these dyed-to-match gator panels onto the band. Doesn't seem to affect the general flex, maybe a little bit to the lesser. barely discernable. I could still add some hardware, but I like how these sit a bit better. Left the top of the lowest panel open, to function as a handy pick pocket - Like it so much I didn't bother to try to pad it. Maybe I will tomorrow. I know that is going to limit the flex, stitching along the vertical of the strap will do that. Any sewing horizontal across the 3" width won't.

Damn I gotta change out those gold bucker frames. What was I thinking? So awful. Next string change!

Today I completed two new No Prisoners series straps named "Bonded" and 'Posse"

For anyone new, No Prisoners straps are where I take a found item such as a belt, or whatever,
and build a strap around it, or use it as a feature. I have not repeated the same piece twice in
seven years of making them. I marry the typically 3" wide leather body to heavy reinforced
leather on the nose and tail end for trustyness. Rolled edges, and padded for comfort.

X7zyLEMp_o.jpg

I get a lot of interest at the guitar show I go to on my No Prisoners line, because of the uniqueness.
Each one is special, and I wanted to get to this Sunday's show with at least five or six new pieces.
Any new I've built that don't move off during the show, will be hitting Reverb in early October

I also crafted another "BeastMaster" over the past couple of days, the third iteration/prototype.
On this latest red croc one, I'm finding the larger, and the fewer of them, and the amount of space between is slightly affecting the amount elastic flex, which would be expected.

I also added a bit of EPDM foam underneath the red tiles, bulges them out a bit for a bit of 3D,
but they still don't look near a poofy as some comfort straps! Come to think of it, this is sort of
nearing Wookie ammo belt territory, isn't it?

H12cC7DQ_o.jpg

Also tried adding padding to inside of the red one, and lined it with some stretchy velvet material, and that also seemed to take away a little spring too. Maybe it's just perfect now for someone with an 11 pounder. It felt like it was taking off a bit too much off for floating my green singlecut. But there's no doubt the padding REALLY adds an extra level of comfort, so it becomes a bit of a trade-off. I add some brass rivets to mine (yes, I'm keeping this one) bcz I like a little bling. But I'm going to stay with the grippy rubber inside my green one so better comparisons can be made by any who wish to try them out - may pad it out also down the road.

Bench has been busy! Still more new things coming off... I think after noob tomorrow I will cease strap production and start getting ready on other things on the to-do list. But here's a few new pieces

"Ghost Lord"

M918iOv3_o.jpg

"Love Gun"

ZOSQ7TWi_o.jpg

"Voxy Roller"

XMhAPHYY_o.jpg

I gotta press a few T-shirts, sew some beanies, pack a tool bag, duct tape (always gotta have it), bag up some pro-pins, etc...

So my one man strap factory is cranked up full blast, but I am done! Tomorrow I pack it all up and take it on the road!

A couple new Devil's Leash alternate saugerties slings in the dark look

l2H1i38S_o.jpg

L'IL Swagger, here with the black leather link strap, 2-3/4 inches wide, no padding! Class Act back buckle too... so extra!

hI1zx3Vi_o.jpg

Then this painful thing! OMG
So when I ordered in these five point star studs, I had NO idea how difficult they are to work with. I cussed out loud a hundred times building this thing I call "StarF**ked." Push the barbs through the leather, only one way to do it right, gotta have your fingers right behind! Then, the pressure builds and finally the leather gets pierced along with your poor damn fingertip! Definitely some tvvoodoo DNA included in this one.

Oi2KRrGM_o.jpg

Still saved a couple to show tomorrow!

Back