NSD: Well Hung on the Cross

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
About 10 days ago, @LiveeviL2000 hit me up to tell me I had a package arriving that Friday. Over the course of our awesome friendship, we have teased each other mercilessly about all sort of things, so naturally I assumed it was some outrageous gag gift (Vince Neil Blowup Doll, Air Guitar Lesson Book, Case of Fart Spray...).

Well, that Friday came and went and no package. He pinged me asking if I moved and I was like, no, why? Then he asked if the package arrived and I realized it had not. So, I got him to give me tracking for it and checked it out. The package had left Vancouver Canada, traveled to Los Angeles, then to my local hub in St. Paul MN. From there, someone in the Postal Service decided it had the wrong zip code on the package and sent it off to Amery Wisconsin, home of the alleged wrong zip code.

The package sat in Amery for about 4 days, before they decided to send it to Harrisburg Pennsylvania. :idk

After sitting in Harrisburg for a few more days, it was routed back to St. Paul where it sat for a few more days. As of yesterday afternoon, post-mail delivery in my 'hood, it was still showing as sitting in St. Paul.

Went to grab my mail after work yesterday and there it was... finally. After a free tour of the US.

I immediately opened it and was absolutely floored to find a custom-made guitar strap from Well-Hung-Straps

C4U9PXF.jpeg

Not only was there a killer strap, but some bonus goodies too: Cheezies (Canadian Cheetos?), a banner, a sticker, a pick and a personal letter telling me about the journey of this strap from idea to completion. Sans the scenic tour of the US that is...

I have a bass getting customized right now by another buddy who makes custom guitars and, little did @LiveeviL2000 or @TVvoodoo (Brad from Well-Hung-Straps) know, but this strap is going to be PERFECT for that bass.

In the meantime, here it is with my backup bass:

nLzH3CH.jpeg

According to the letter, these crosses are hand-crafted based on Tony Iommi's signature Black Sabbath cross, from high end leather and metal. Can you say "Badass!!" ?

The added goodies were a blast, too.

N9epGq7.jpeg

The sticker, of course, went right on the Anvil case my bass amps rides in:

mlJ3tUg.jpeg

If you want another opinion of just how awesome these straps are, check out this vid:

While, I'm the first to admit I'm a cheap old bastard and paying top dollar for a custom made strap tests my cheap-bastardness, this strap will likely last the rest of my life, it's customized for me, and is a far sight better (and more useful... ewwww) than a Vince Neil Blowup doll. That makes it well worth whatever @LiveeviL2000 paid for it. Especially since @FuzzyAce seems to have finally paid his credit card bill (Buying gear is back on the menu boys!)

Thanks @LiveeviL2000 - you officially suck slightly less now. Slightly. Slacker...

Kind words sir! Enjoy!!! @LiveeviL2000 is the real prince here... Just signed up... my sweetie and I are in Cancun R/N enjoying yummy bottomless frozen "tokillyas" celebing our 30th
IMG_20240212_125911_NR.jpg

Glad to join and meet-up with new guitarded brothers here on TGF. It seems you guys are much smarter than other forums but not near as handsome, so i will help counterbalance somewhat LOL!

Kind words sir! Enjoy!!! @LiveeviL2000 is the real prince here... Just signed up... my sweetie and I are in Cancun R/N enjoying yummy bottomless frozen "tokillyas" celebing our 30th
View attachment 18631
Glad to join and meet-up with new guitarded brothers here on TGF. It seems you guys are much smarter than other forums but not near as handsome, so i will help counterbalance somewhat LOL!

Welcome, man!!! Happy Anniversary and while I'm glad you're on TGF right now, go enjoy Cancun and your Anniversary!!!!!!

I used it for band practice the other day and it was hands-down the most comfortable strap I've ever had. And that includes two Kliq straps that are super comfy themselves. Best of all, most leather straps I've tried in music stores kinda grab at my shirt and pull my shirt around when I'm moving my guitar/bass, but the Well-Hung hung well and didn't do any of that nonsense either.

Can officially say after putting it through nearly 3 hours of practice time, it performed better than I did. Great job @TVvoodoo!

Back