Tales from.. ..The StrapLab!

@Moondog Wily very kind of you to say. That Vito fella is something else! Metal to the Core!

I was going to finish the Spice Merchants today, but after mailing off a strap this morning to Kansas, i found a treasure in my mailbox.

It was a 3" leather link belt I found online a couple weeks ago, finally came in. Much of the day was spent giving this leather some love, re-dying it cause it was fading. I then replenished the natural oils with neatsfoot, and used Fiebings conditioner. This afternoon I was able to do what I do with the two hour conversion to turn this fairly rare 3" wide killer link belt into a super fine guitar strap.

I find these don't need padding - it would kind of wreck the vintage vibez. I also don't want to sew seams into this beautiful leather. This strap has a bit of natural "spring" to them, this one works between 49-63" which is pretty long. It's a back-buckle style, easy to work with but if you have a precious minty guitar, best between 55"+ as the buckle may make contact the way it comes together.

I can tell you this is the sort of piece cool gear cravers will try to buy right off your back. I know this for a fact!

7Sjny1Nv_o.jpg

bTWG1WRV_o.jpg

As a strapmaker, I have to say this is one of my very favourite designs. This is the third conversion I have made in over a dozen years, as this belt does not show up often. Selfishly, I kept the first two I made back for my personal gear horde, one black, one brown (black one below on my Hamer). This time I am sharing the wealth.

BMsGKaLt_o.jpg

Back