Take that, TurdBlasterPro

While I get that, I just checked Thomann - the TMP is currently 324€ above the Helix Floor.

Considering the TMP is at this early point in its history, imho, a much less attractive unit than the Helix, the price difference seems off-putting.

The market is a tough place, that's for sure. My crystal ball doesn't show the best future for the TMP, tbh.
Even compared to other units Helix is generally exceptionally good value.

To me the QC is TMP's direct competitor and before NDSP lowered their prices they were very close.

In what universe is TMP a competitor to any other flagship unit, and by which measure other than price?
Very similar feature set, form factor etc. Others would be FM9, Kemper Stage, all which at least in Europe are in fairly similar price bracket and only the Helix Floor is cheaper than the others.

I do feel the TMP is a few hundred euros more than it should be though, especially for a brand new product that has not "earned it's wings" so to speak.

In what universe is TMP a competitor to any other flagship unit, and by which measure other than price?

This is the mystery of the TMP. They take away features from similarly priced modelers to appeal to people who want less in a modeler. But why should you pay the same price for less? The Fender name I guess.

good enough to release (IE generate revenue) and we can fix and improve it from here.

85pufs.jpg

Fender has significantly more resources than small companies like FAS or NDSP and it was Fender that decided the TMP was "ready" for release now, rather than say in Spring 2024, when it may have been more complete and beyond casual criticism for a device released at that price point.

Fender has immensely deep pockets, but Fractal still has the advantage because their head programmer is also the guy who owns the company, and has shown repeatedly that he has the drive to stay on top of the mountain.

Very similar feature set, form factor etc. Others would be FM9, Kemper Stage, all which at least in Europe are in fairly similar price bracket and only the Helix Floor is cheaper than the others.

I do feel the TMP is a few hundred euros more than it should be though, especially for a brand new product that has not "earned it's wings" so to speak.

And I think it is definitely a competitor if for no other reason than being readily available in shops. Fractal, Kemper, and the QC you have to seek out and either buy direct or from one of the major online distributors. People being able to walk in to a GC and play the TMP (and know they have quick in store returns) is huge for “casuals” and generating interest/sales from foot traffic.

And I think it is definitely a competitor if for no other reason than being readily available in shops. Fractal, Kemper, and the QC you have to seek out and either buy direct or from one of the major online distributors. People being able to walk in to a GC and play the TMP (and know they have quick in store returns) is huge for “casuals” and generating interest/sales from foot traffic.

That would explain Fractal and QC, but almost every GC has Helix and Kemper in stock.

I think Fender is reaching people who are unfamiliar with modelers. These people have heard of amp modeling, but don't really know anything about it. The Fender name makes them seriously consider digital for the first time, but they don't know enough about modelers to make an informed choice. Who has time to learn about all the digital amp modelers? They can look on youtube, but any novice will be completely confused by the firehose of unorganized information they find there.

So they go with the name they know, Fender, and buy a TMP, not realizing it compares poorly to similarly priced modelers.

That would explain Fractal and QC, but almost every GC has Helix and Kemper in stock.

Helix products are prominently displayed at most local GC’s. And they have benefited tremendously from it.

Which was my point, the TMP is going to benefit from, in part, being readily available to see and demo in-person at local shops. Fractal, Neural, and Kemper don’t benefit from that.

Anyone saying the TMP doesn’t offer serious competition to the established brands simply because of toanz is missing some factors for its potential success.

Back