Take that, TurdBlasterPro

Girls girls girls

I’ve never seen so many people be so easily “offended”… it’s real life people… get a freaking helmet.

I don’t think there is hardly anyone over there that has ill will or bad intent.

Now there are some stupid motherfuckers but that’s a different issue.

———-

Is this really the substance of our discussions now?

So much else going on …. 👍❤️🙏

Actually, I’m the one who usually offends people. Most of the time it’s completely unintentional, but there are people out there that simply need to be offended.

Girls girls girls

I’ve never seen so many people be so easily “offended”… it’s real life people… get a freaking helmet.

I don’t think there is hardly anyone over there that has ill will or bad intent.

Now there are some stupid motherfuckers but that’s a different issue.

———-

Is this really the substance of our discussions now?

So much else going on …. 👍❤️🙏

c6bd9dd1bc5371fa484aec1bf91e851e.gif

I think the FAS forum gets some unfair characterizations based on a small number of people. I've had lots of friendly helpful exchanges there, and see lots more every day. But I think those who give themselves elite status can be a bad look.

dude driving GIF
For sure. Lots of very helpful people. I'm talking about a small subset that gets really critical about things I've never even thought of.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more hyped piece of gear lose traction quicker than the Tone Master Pro.
I think a lot of the hype showed how much interest there could be for a product like the TMP, though. If I were Fractal or Line 6, I'd be smelling the blood in the water like a bunch of circling sharks, and come up with something to beat the TMP at its own game:
  • More responsive touchscreen
  • Keep the simple skeu-o GUI, but make it not annoying. Get rid of anything that slows it down like the animations. Make it ultra-responsive.
  • Better modeling. Though it seems they really did nail the Fender stuff, if this thing was Fractal-level modeling across the board, nobody would be complaining.
  • Stuff it FULL of all of Fractal's or Helix's models. This is an area where it will probably take Fender years to catch up.
  • Include MIDI output. Crazy that it doesn't have this.
  • Include something just like Line 6's snapshots, which is the gold standard for this sort of thing IMO. Even though the TMP is gapless, there are a lot of other reasons why people don't want a bazillion presets.
Fractal or Line 6's version of the TMP would be the TMP that got everyone so excited, initially. For now, we had to come back down to reality with a device that doesn't really beat any of the current leaders.

I think Cliff has said the reverb stuff was something he had been experimenting with in the past but probably now found the proper incentive to finish it. Then he found out that those things could work well for plate 'verbs too.

Gapless switching might be a response to the one guy on Fractal forum who wrote six long posts on switching gaps. I still wonder why he cared so much about this specific thing, like it's nice that there's less gaps but it was never something that I thought about that much.
I think Cliff has said the reverb stuff was something he had been experimenting with in the past but probably now found the proper incentive to finish it. Then he found out that those things could work well for plate 'verbs too.

Gapless switching might be a response to the one guy on Fractal forum who wrote six long posts on switching gaps. I still wonder why he cared so much about this specific thing, like it's nice that there's less gaps but it was never something that I thought about that much.

Well, I chose not to buy the fm9 do the switching gaps. I doubt I’m the only person that hasn’t bought one because of that. I thought gapless preset switching was probably impossible, but I couldn’t get by live without gapless channel switching so I stuck with Helix instead.

I’m just one data point but I doubt I’m alone. If it comes to fm9, I’m buying one.

D

Well, I chose not to buy the fm9 do the switching gaps. I doubt I’m the only person that hasn’t bought one because of that. I thought gapless preset switching was probably impossible, but I couldn’t get by live without gapless channel switching so I stuck with Helix instead.

I’m just one data point but I doubt I’m alone. If it comes to fm9, I’m buying one.

D
I am not psychic, but I suspect you may be joining the family before the end of the year

I cant help but think that is the Fender Tone Master was exactly as it is, but was made and released by Nux / Hotone / Mooer .... it would never have attracted even %1 of the pre-hype-release interest .... the Fender "name" got it a lot of obsessive-love even before the first units were released and tested by real-world-users.....

Just a thought

Isn't that a QC selling point? I have no interest is running VST amps but it seems many do.
It isn't quite the same thing - Helix Native is a block-for-block implementation of the Helix in software, and one that you can get incredibly cheaply if you buy HX hardware.

If you own an NDSP plugin, you will eventually get those models and presets in the QC, but you can't run other QC presets and blocks outside the QC.

In this sense, the QC/plugin relationship is more akin to the Helix/Metallurgy relationship rather than Helix/Helix Native.

Back