Take that, TurdBlasterPro

My ongoing hypothesis is that no product can live up to the hype that a TGF speculation thread can conjure up. And once the product gets released there's almost a come down from the high, type effect.

For Fractal users, the best part of the TMP was they got gapless and moar drip as a result??

My ongoing hypothesis is that no product can live up to the hype that a TGF speculation thread can conjure up. And once the product gets released there's almost a come down from the high, type effect.

For Fractal users, the best part of the TMP was they got gapless and moar drip as a result??

Combined with Neurals price drop and plug-in giveaway, at the very least the TMP has been great in making everyone else step their game up in the face of new competition. Everyone has benefited from their arrival.

Would love to hear details of the evolution of these things.

Gapless switching "seems" like something that may take longer than a few days to conjure up.

I can very much picture the spring reverb being a "challenge accepted" thing for Cliff. But then he updated a lot of different reverbs at the same time. Seems like a lot to do in such a short time. But I wouldn't put it past him.

It could be things that were ready, and the timing was just serendipity.

Gapless switching "seems" like something that may take longer than a few days to conjure up.

I can very much picture the spring reverb being a "challenge accepted" thing for Cliff. But then he updated a lot of different reverbs at the same time. Seems like a lot to do in such a short time. But I wouldn't put it past him.

oh for sure. That's why I added the "???". I don't think it's something that just gets programmed in a few days. And I don't think anyone directly said it was due to the TMP. However, the chain of events does make it seem serendipitous and all of us start to wonder. My guess is there are a lot of projects that are on-going and if a particular feature in a competitor is garnering heavy attention, it could possibly push the feature higher up the "let's finish this" list. But that's just a guess from me. Not trying to put any words in others mouths.

Flailing Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

I think Cliff has said the reverb stuff was something he had been experimenting with in the past but probably now found the proper incentive to finish it. Then he found out that those things could work well for plate 'verbs too.

Gapless switching might be a response to the one guy on Fractal forum who wrote six long posts on switching gaps. I still wonder why he cared so much about this specific thing, like it's nice that there's less gaps but it was never something that I thought about that much.

I think Cliff has said the reverb stuff was something he had been experimenting with in the past but probably now found the proper incentive to finish it. Then he found out that those things could work well for plate 'verbs too.

Gapless switching might be a response to the one guy on Fractal forum who wrote six long posts on switching gaps. I still wonder why he cared so much about this specific thing, like it's nice that there's less gaps but it was never something that I thought about that much.

I've owned a ton of gear of the years and participated in different owner's groups. There's a small subset of Fractal owners that are super, super critical of...well...anything and everything they can be more so than any other manufacturer (though Line 6 guys get close). I can't understand the level of scrutiny some of these folks focus on, but it seems Fractal in time at least tries to address darn near everything.

I've owned a ton of gear of the years and participated in different owner's groups. There's a small subset of Fractal owners that are super, super critical of...well...anything and everything they can be more so than any other manufacturer (though Line 6 guys get close). I can't understand the level of scrutiny some of these folks focus on, but it seems Fractal in time at least tries to address darn near everything.
I think the FAS forum gets some unfair characterizations based on a small number of people. I've had lots of friendly helpful exchanges there, and see lots more every day. But I think those who give themselves elite status can be a bad look.

dude driving GIF

Girls girls girls

I’ve never seen so many people be so easily “offended”… it’s real life people… get a freaking helmet.

I don’t think there is hardly anyone over there that has ill will or bad intent.

Now there are some stupid motherfuckers but that’s a different issue.

———-

Is this really the substance of our discussions now?

So much else going on …. 👍❤️🙏

Back