Synergy SYN1 + BE module incoming

Figured it out. For some reason, the lead channel controls are affecting the clean channel. I know the clean volume feeds into the lead channel, that's normal. But when on the clean channel, changing the lead drive brings the fartiness in. Also, changing the lead brite and lead shift switches affects the clean channel. I don't think this should be this way, and it certainly doesn't seem to be this way on Leon's or Michael's videos... Anybody know?
The “channels” on that module are, just like the real amp, connected to each other.

The dirty secret of that amp is its not a true multichannel amp due to a lack of independent, well anything

Thanks guys, I understand how the clean gain cascades into the drive channel. But I cannot match the clean tones from any of the demos without turning the lead drive almost all the way down, which is not what Leon, Michael or even Steven Fryette do in their demos. Something is off with this one, it's like the lead channel is always on and leaking into the output.

And now it's behaving perfectly. I promise I am not doing hallucinogens...

I did change the output level button from high to low on the back, so it matches my 5150's preamp section. Maybe it was (is?) an issue with the SYN1 having some channel bleed when the output level was too high/mismatched?

I'll have to try that again later. On to today's massive honey-do list... :cuss

Figured it out. For some reason, the lead channel controls are affecting the clean channel. I know the clean volume feeds into the lead channel, that's normal. But when on the clean channel, changing the lead drive brings the fartiness in. Also, changing the lead brite and lead shift switches affects the clean channel. I don't think this should be this way, and it certainly doesn't seem to be this way on Leon's or Michael's videos... Anybody know?
Watch Fryette’s vid. That is the authoritative reference.

Yeah the consensus is that module can be set for a great clean or great rhythm tone, but not at the same time.
Nah much like a Mark II or Mark III, set the bass to 3, mid to 4, treble to 7, and the volume 1 and lead drive to 7. Put the eq in a V and set it to auto. You will get a sound that is great for cleans and for leads.

I prefer to boost the lead channel in this instance, but you get a great sound on both channels like this.

Just to double-down on my previous post, here is where my IICP and Mark 3 are set, basically identical sounds, with the main variability being the power amp.

20221204_104948.jpg
20221204_104908.jpg

Back