Synergy SYN1 + BE module incoming

Badonkey Kong

Roadie
Sweetwater had a buy the SYN1, get the BE/BE module free deal going, so I impulse bought :D as a way to get started in the system. It gets here Wednesday. I'm already wanting to get the IICP and Hebert modules... I will say Michael Nielson's and Leon Todd's videos are really GAS inducing... :D

Anybody using these? @JiveTurkey I believe you have/had some of this line?

Congrats! I had a few :bag Uber, Freidman and one other I can't quite recall? Uber was finnicky but sounded GODLY when I had it up in the zone. I would love a IIC module :satan

Powerball and SLO are ridiculously good. Best of the lot for me.

Uberschall ironically despite its gain profile, I preferred doing some really nasty 80’s type metal tones with it.

Never played the BE or IICP modules. The IICP seems to be well liked if you can live with dialing in one channel. (Has to be tweaked to be best on each channel)

The Deliverance module is also really good.

What’s your music style?
Kind of a bit all over the place. Grew up playing in the 80's, have a fondness for Eddie and DeMartini's tones. Love Syke's stuff as well. And Petrucci's Images and Words tone is a grail tone for me. Lots of other stuff I like, but nailing those would be a lot of fun for me.

Dang! Pete Thorn nails JP's tone in this video

Kind of a bit all over the place. Grew up playing in the 80's, have a fondness for Eddie and DeMartini's tones. Love Syke's stuff as well. And Petrucci's Images and Words tone is a grail tone for me. Lots of other stuff I like, but nailing those would be a lot of fun for me.

Dang! Pete Thorn nails JP's tone in this video

Yeah IICP might be the ticket for you. (And use another module for clean or cleanish tones)

I’ve never played a BE module so not entirely sure what you’ll get there. @Elric has most of the modules and might be able to give you some feedback.

Might want to consider the SLO for some of those hot rodded 80’s tones. Its one of the platforms standout modules too. Really good.

Yeah IICP might be the ticket for you. (And use another module for clean or cleanish tones)

I’ve never played a BE module so not entirely sure what you’ll get there. @Elric has most of the modules and might be able to give you some feedback.

Might want to consider the SLO for some of those hot rodded 80’s tones. Its one of the platforms standout modules too. Really good.
Yeah IICP will cover Mark tones well. Agree, re the SLO being a must have and all over the 80s tones. It won’t do clean or a really great crunch though. The BB/BE might be a really good choice. The BB is a solid clean and takes pedals like a champ. The BE will do plexi-ish crunch and then hit it with a TS or SD1 and you are cooking on the leads.

LOL did not read JT’s response until after. Yeah, man, I’m one of those that really like the BB/BE but can see how someone could find the BE voice thin compared to some more modern sounding stuff. It’s pretty great in it’s domain, though, IME.

Last edited:
Congrats! I had a few :bag Uber, Freidman and one other I can't quite recall? Uber was finnicky but sounded GODLY when I had it up in the zone. I would love a IIC module :satan
The Uber is ridiculous. It absolutely rules for heavy; the blue channel on that one just slays.

I just got some NOS 5751 tubes and am going to put one in the Uber to actually see if that increases the usable gain range by lowering the gain on one of the tubes.

Re the 80s stuff... the Uber is not an 80s tone machine... The Ecstasy may do that, though… That one is another tough dial, but it is crazy versatile it has a lot of great sounds but kinda like the Mark, need to get it set right for what you want. Some folks on the TGP thread do not like that module but I suspect those guys were either expecting something different, don’t dig the Bogner sound, or were not wanting to deal with something finicky.

Not a ton of videos on the SLO, but what I found sounded fantastic. Definitely on the shortlist :D

The SLO is fantastic. I’ve owned the amp and the module and it nails it. It’s Mt Rushmore for Synergy modules.

Whatever you do don’t watch the @2112 demo of the Powerball or you’ll buy that one too. (And you probably should anyway, it’s amazeballs :ROFLMAO: )

Ok. This thing is awesome. Right now I have it hooked up in a loop on my Helix, which already was 4 CM with my 5153 50 6L6. so 6 CM I guess.

It does the Eddie thing better than the 5153, at least to my ears. Now if only I could do the Eddie thing... :D

I did a quick experiment with the internal switch, seems like position 3 is the tightest and works best for me. Really nice that they include that as an option. Got the Sag at noon.

BTW, it's the BE module, not BE/BB but that's cool. I have the blue channel gain at just under 3 oclock and the red channel gain cranked.

I had one of those awesome, totally lost track of time sessions playing it this morning. Haven't had loud time yet, but it sounds great even down low.

IICP will be ordered soon. SLO will be after that, but maybe not until next year.

The bummer is my wife views this as a Christmas present, so I will have to box it back up at some point. I'll see what I can bargain with her on that :)

Honeymoon period and all of that; it seems like this is the right solution for me, rather than chasing modeling for amp tones. If all goes well and band stuff starts again I will grab a SYN 30 and either downsize my floor to a stomp XL for FX or maybe just add one.

Last edited:
Ok. This thing is awesome. Right now I have it hooked up in a loop on my Helix, which already was 4 CM with my 5153 50 6L6. so 6 CM I guess.

It does the Eddie thing better than the 5153, at least to my ears. Now if only I could do the Eddie thing... :D

I did a quick experiment with the internal switch, seems like position 3 is the tightest and works best for me. Really nice that they include that as an option. Got the Sag at noon.

BTW, it's the BE module, not BE/BB but that's cool. I have the blue channel gain at just under 3 oclock and the red channel gain cranked.

I had one of those awesome, totally lost track of time sessions playing it this morning. Haven't had loud time yet, but it sounds great even down low.

IICP will be ordered soon. SLO will be after that, but maybe not until next year.

The bummer is my wife views this as a Christmas present, so I will have to box it back up at some point. I'll see what I can bargain with her on that :)

Honeymoon period and all of that; it seems like this is the right solution for me, rather than chasing modeling for amp tones. If all goes well and band stuff starts again I will grab a SYN 30 and either downsize my floor to a stomp XL for FX or maybe just add one.
They've always intrigued me but I wasn't sure how much it would differ/offer over digital gear

Back