Surgery Tomorrow!

Recently had my first ever sponge bath. Four orderlies/aids using large, and very cold wet naps.
All I had on was briefs. Each one took a quadrant and it lasted all of 10-15 seconds.

Nothing like you see on TV.....
MV5BMzJmM2UwYmEtN2EzYi00NGI1LThlOGEtOTAwYTRiNTY5YTQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwNDUxODI@._V1_.jpg

I made it through! I’ve got some new metal parts in my ankle and can’t walk on it for a while.

But I woke afterward and am back home!
Great to hear you’re ok! I had ankle surgery a while back and it was 8 weeks in crutches, 8 more weeks of therapy later. But worth it!

My Son had ACL surgery Monday. They gave him Fentanyl. Back home 5 hours later, he passes out on the toilet,
throws up all over himself, and went into a freaking seizure. Had to call EMS and get him to the Hospital STAT!

Fuck me, he ended up being alright. They gave us the, "He probably had an adverse reaction the Pain Medication."

Ya think! :facepalm

Apparently, the only way to find out these things is to damn nearly die of an overdose, or allergic reaction. :brick

Hope you heal up good. Listen to that Physical Therapist!! :beer
Wow! Sorry to hear that. I can relate for sure, as coming out of surgery once I nearly l passed out and scared the shit out of my wife. Turns out it was the damn OXY. I switched to Advil (still hurt like hell), but yeah, those things are no joke.

Last edited:
My Son had ACL surgery Monday. They gave him Fentanyl. Back home 5 hours later, he passes out on the toilet,
throws up all over himself, and went into a freaking seizure. Had to call EMS and get him to the Hospital STAT!

Fuck me, he ended up being alright. They gave us the, "He probably had an adverse reaction the Pain Medication."

Ya think! :facepalm

Apparently, the only way to find out these things is to damn nearly die of an overdose, or allergic reaction. :brick

Hope you heal up good. Listen to that Physical Therapist!! :beer
Wow, that is crazy. Glad he is okay. I had a major surgery just over a year ago and they gave me some cocktail of Fentanyl and something else. It was the first time I had those drugs. Thankfully all went well. My wife would have flipped out if something like this happened to me.

Wow, that is crazy. Glad he is okay. I had a major surgery just over a year ago and they gave me some cocktail of Fentanyl and something else. It was the first time I had those drugs. Thankfully all went well. My wife would have flipped out if something like this happened to me.

It's like Prescription Painkiller Roulette. Something happens to you. You need majour surgery. It is going to
require high-potency pain medication. Will you have a bad reaction? No way to know until they are in your
system. Will you develop a massive addiction after and not be able to get off the Opioids? Again, no way to
know until you know. :brick

Talk about real gateway drugs.... "Prescription Meds" ..... legally prescribed.... with ZERO accountability. :hmm

I have no idea why the "Medical Industrial Complex" is so reliant on such heavy drugs with such hardcore
implications. And yet, you can't take Cannabis because why??

Is it money? Did we learn nothing from the Oxycontin Crisis fueled by Big Pharma and their influence on
the entire system 20 years ago?

As a Father it scares the shit out of me. As a friend it scares the shit out of me. Have had friends succumb
to the dangers that lie on the other side of the "Prescription Painkiller Threshold." :(

It's like Prescription Painkiller Roulette. Something happens to you. You need majour surgery. It is going to
require high-potency pain medication. Will you have a bad reaction? No way to know until they are in your
system. Will you develop a massive addiction after and not be able to get off the Opioids? Again, no way to
know until you know. :brick

Talk about real gateway drugs.... "Prescription Meds" ..... legally prescribed.... with ZERO accountability. :hmm

I have no idea why the "Medical Industrial Complex" is so reliant on such heavy drugs with such hardcore
implications. And yet, you can't take Cannabis because why??

Is it money? Did we learn nothing from the Oxycontin Crisis fueled by Big Pharma and their influence on
the entire system 20 years ago?

As a Father it scares the shit out of me. As a friend it scares the shit out of me. Have had friends succumb
to the dangers that lie on the other side of the "Prescription Painkiller Threshold." :(
Damn @la szum, had missed this but soooo very happy to hear he's doing ok. Major "whew" and sigh of relief.

This is a pretty neat piece of kit I had not seen before. It's a recirculating
pump and a reservoir that cycles cold water to the targeted area. There's
also a Catheter into the Knee pumping a Nerve Blocker from an IV bag
into the Knee.

20240326_201152.jpg

It's called the "Ice Man."

How ya holding up @KingsXJJ ???

Have had friends succumb
I know I'm still not right from the opiates I was addicted to after that surgery I posted the X-rays of. And that was 17 years ago. I mean, I've been off the pain meds for many years now, but they're still taking a toll on my mental health.

A buddy of mine broke his ankle about 2 years after I broke my leg, and he was prescribed 20mg. oxy's right away. He then went to a different doctor to set up the actual surgery, and the doc told him to ween himself off those pills. As soon as he told me, "I figured, I've only been on them a week, I'm man enough to just stop taking them," I knew exactly what he was going to tell me next:

He said he got so sick, he wished he were dead. I felt his pain, but when he was like, "Oh I can handle it..." part of me was thinking, Yeah, right! :barf :barf :barf

This is his 2nd ACL repair. Had one in 2021 and did great. That was a 1 hour
procedure. This one was 4 hours. They had to graft bone to his Tibia to secure
screws that pulled out from his prior one, and then harvest some of his
Quadriceps Tendon to use as the new ACL. So 4 incisions this time versus
just 1 last time. It took forever finding a Doc that would do this on an 18 year
old for the 2nd time.

This is his 2nd ACL repair. Had one in 2021 and did great. That was a 1 hour
procedure. This one was 4 hours. They had to graft bone to his Tibia to secure
screws that pulled out from his prior one, and then harvest some of his
Quadriceps Tendon to use as the new ACL. So 4 incisions this time versus
just 1 last time. It took forever finding a Doc that would do this on an 18 year
old for the 2nd time.
Wow! Is there anything specific in his life that caused the ACL problems? I would like to know so I can avoid if possible ;~)) Hope he recovers well from the latest repair work!!

Back