Stumbled Across TGF, been using TGP. What’s the difference and why did TGF start?

wharf rat

Roadie
As my title states, I’m relatively new over there (~2 years) and recently stumbled over here because @JiveTurkey has a link to this forum in his signature. I always valued his posts and so I wanted to check this place out.

I don’t want to ask a sensitive question, but I’ve been wondering so I’m gonna ask anyways:

What happened and why does this place exist?

Welcome @hallissyc. 👋

I'm sure that others will respond to your question, and I don't want to speak for them; but in the meantime, if you search this site for (the) "Great Purge", you will find some pertinent answers.

Also...

Which do you prefer: sweet pickles or dill pickles?
I’ve been a sweet / bread and butter chip pickle guy lately if I’m being honest…:bag

@hallissyc I just checked out your profile at The Other Place™. You're rocking an EBMM HSS Cutlass ~ sweet!

Amazing guitars. Despite the Jazzmaster in my avatar, I mostly play an SSS Cutlass these days.

@hallissyc I just checked out your profile at The Other Place™. You're rocking an EBMM HSS Cutlass ~ sweet!

Amazing guitars. Despite my avatar, I mostly play an SSS Cutlass these days.

Yessir! I’ve had the Cutlass now for ~3 years and it’s the only guitar I own. Every time I consider buying something else, it doesn’t compare.

What if I don’t even like pickles? :hmm

Yessir! I’ve had the Cutlass now for ~3 years and it’s the only guitar I own. Every time I consider buying something else, it doesn’t compare.

In full agreement here. You should add a nice photo of yours to that "Show me your #1" thread (y)

I don't think they get the attention that they deserve on gear forums. Let's put more out there 🙂

As my title states, I’m relatively new over there (~2 years) and recently stumbled over here because @JiveTurkey has a link to this forum in his signature. I always valued his posts and so I wanted to check this place out.

I don’t want to ask a sensitive question, but I’ve been wondering so I’m gonna ask anyways:

What happened and why does this place exist?

Welcome!

The diplomatic answer- we’re not fond of TGP’s rules, which are arbitrarily enforced and very often one-sided. We made this place to be a bit more light-hearted but not as off-the-rails as some other gear forums can be. The happy spot between overly-moderated and every thread turning into a political fight.

The not-so-diplomatic answer- I know you’re a Quad Cortex user, but came into it all after this went down, so don’t worry, we won’t hold it against you. :ROFLMAO: Several of us here recognized NDSP’s shortcomings before and after the QC’s launch, there was a great effort to silence anyone speaking out about these shortcomings and it was largely carried about by mods of NDSP’s forums/Discord, where they took advantage of TGP’s lack of legitimate moderation and got a bunch of us banned, while not disclosing they were mods for NDSP on TGP, despite some of us giving TGP mods proof they were affiliated with NDSP.

I saw the thread you made about the QC earlier this week, more of the same craziness going on in there with some people who have had issues with the QC failed to mention those issues in that thread, just gave a glowing review while others questioned the legitimacy of the posters speaking up about the issues, but never once the legitimacy of the claims.

Hmmmm GIF

Alas, we’ve got a few QC owners here and all are welcome! I don’t think I’m speaking for myself when I say I’m stoked when anyone finds the piece of gear that works for them! We don’t take things nearly as seriously here, no one is going to take offense if you don’t dig a piece of gear and no one will tell you you’re wrong for enjoying what you do. There’s some great players and more importantly, entertaining people here.

I hope to see you stick around!!

:headbang

Back