Stumbled Across TGF, been using TGP. What’s the difference and why did TGF start?

That’s cuz we all know Gilmour is God and we don’t even need to discuss it!
You spelled Iommi wrong 😂
A0133913-86F8-4A61-9D2A-ACADAE6407D7.jpeg

Welcome!

The diplomatic answer- we’re not fond of TGP’s rules, which are arbitrarily enforced and very often one-sided. We made this place to be a bit more light-hearted but not as off-the-rails as some other gear forums can be. The happy spot between overly-moderated and every thread turning into a political fight.

The not-so-diplomatic answer- I know you’re a Quad Cortex user, but came into it all after this went down, so don’t worry, we won’t hold it against you. :ROFLMAO: Several of us here recognized NDSP’s shortcomings before and after the QC’s launch, there was a great effort to silence anyone speaking out about these shortcomings and it was largely carried about by mods of NDSP’s forums/Discord, where they took advantage of TGP’s lack of legitimate moderation and got a bunch of us banned, while not disclosing they were mods for NDSP on TGP, despite some of us giving TGP mods proof they were affiliated with NDSP.

I saw the thread you made about the QC earlier this week, more of the same craziness going on in there with some people who have had issues with the QC failed to mention those issues in that thread, just gave a glowing review while others questioned the legitimacy of the posters speaking up about the issues, but never once the legitimacy of the claims.

Hmmmm GIF

Alas, we’ve got a few QC owners here and all are welcome! I don’t think I’m speaking for myself when I say I’m stoked when anyone finds the piece of gear that works for them! We don’t take things nearly as seriously here, no one is going to take offense if you don’t dig a piece of gear and no one will tell you you’re wrong for enjoying what you do. There’s some great players and more importantly, entertaining people here.

I hope to see you stick around!!

:headbang
I had no idea about the NDSPs involvement in banning members over there. Look at that.

I had no idea about the NDSPs involvement in banning members over there. Look at that.

Being perfectly fair, it’s possible NDSP, the company, had no clue it was happening, as I’m assuming all their moderators are on a volunteer basis. I’m not even sure I’d go as far as assuming that NDSP would be cool with that, buuuuuuut at the same time….slime gonna slime.

Being perfectly fair, it’s possible NDSP, the company, had no clue it was happening, as I’m assuming all their moderators are on a volunteer basis. I’m not even sure I’d go as far as assuming that NDSP would be cool with that, buuuuuuut at the same time….slime gonna slime.
I remember when the prototype was at NAMM. It seemed cool but nothing about it seemed revolutionary or anything like that to me. Then I saw the price point as well as the numerous shipping delays. Granted none of that was their fault. It’s priced fairly if you’re actually going to use their feature set. I wouldn’t so…..its FAS for my digital needs. I do like their plugins and do think they’ve raised the bar in that category. I do think computers need to be able to process things a little more economically before that becomes a viable option, unless printing and freezing tracks is a workflow that appeals to you.

The whole gear wars thing is just so stupid. Look at a guy like Leon Todd or Pete Thorn. Every review they do the gear sounds amazing. They’ve reviewed everything. Very little gear on the market these days is completely useless that you cant get a decent, useable sound out of where it doesnt at least somewhat deliver as promised. Everyone should play what they like. I think there’s a lot of animosity stemming from finance as well as confirmation bias in these types of discussions when they go south. I’m rapidly approaching 50. I couldn’t afford 1/100th the gear I have today when I was 20. I was right where I was supposed to be. A couple guitars and whatever amp I had. I dont look at the guy with 7 boats in the harbor and the 10 bedroom house and call him an asshole. Good for him. I hope he buys another boat. But the whole “I bought brand X, you like brand Y and brand Y is shit” is just all so childish. I’ve recently sworn off all social media. Actually just deleted Nextdoor because I dont want to know just how stupid my neighbors are. My last bastion of anonymous internet contact is guitar/gear forums. Frankly, the world has changed to a point where you get shouted down for just about anything and Im old and tired. Im quickly realizing lately my happiness comes from beyond a screen living in the real world.

I remember when the prototype was at NAMM. It seemed cool but nothing about it seemed revolutionary or anything like that to me. Then I saw the price point as well as the numerous shipping delays. Granted none of that was their fault. It’s priced fairly if you’re actually going to use their feature set. I wouldn’t so…..its FAS for my digital needs. I do like their plugins and do think they’ve raised the bar in that category. I do think computers need to be able to process things a little more economically before that becomes a viable option, unless printing and freezing tracks is a workflow that appeals to you.

The whole gear wars thing is just so stupid. Look at a guy like Leon Todd or Pete Thorn. Every review they do the gear sounds amazing. They’ve reviewed everything. Very little gear on the market these days is completely useless that you cant get a decent, useable sound out of where it doesnt at least somewhat deliver as promised. Everyone should play what they like. I think there’s a lot of animosity stemming from finance as well as confirmation bias in these types of discussions when they go south. I’m rapidly approaching 50. I couldn’t afford 1/100th the gear I have today when I was 20. I was right where I was supposed to be. A couple guitars and whatever amp I had. I dont look at the guy with 7 boats in the harbor and the 10 bedroom house and call him an a*****e. Good for him. I hope he buys another boat. But the whole “I bought brand X, you like brand Y and brand Y is s**t” is just all so childish. I’ve recently sworn off all social media. Actually just deleted Nextdoor because I dont want to know just how stupid my neighbors are. My last bastion of anonymous internet contact is guitar/gear forums. Frankly, the world has changed to a point where you get shouted down for just about anything and Im old and tired. Im quickly realizing lately my happiness comes from beyond a screen living in the real world.

Yeaaaaahhhhh, that’s where some of the controversy comes into play; pre-launch the CEO was on TGP bragging about how the pandemic wasn’t affecting them at all. They had already ordered all the materials needed to put the units together, they were just working on the programming and since they could do it from home, they were unaffected. But the delays kept coming and more than once, Doug stated it wasn’t the pandemic, just them trying to make it as perfect as possible.

It wasn’t until nearly a year after it started shipping that they came out with a blog update stating the issues they ran into with the pandemic, which was just getting parts to make new units. They had to figure out how to make new chips work in the unit at one point and needed to pool all the staff together to make it happen, which is why the updates have not been “aggressive” as they were promised to be.

There’s two histories now; the easily seen history in all the TGP posts where everything was going great and no issues were related to the pandemic (pre-launch) then the revisionist history that was created after the unit started shipping. For over a year the CEO was on TGP talking the unit up and handing out promises like gifts on an Oprah set, then as soon as that thing started shipping he ghosted social media and the majority of their communication is via blog posts that get run through their AI-revisionist filter.

Those of us who find the company (and their volunteers) to be slimy have often been questioned “Why does it bother you so much?”, personally speaking, I’m a gear fan. My life consists of music and very little else and is the most important thing in my life, one of the very few things I take seriously. I think the launch of this thing and the way NDSP has handled themselves sets a really sh*tty precedent where companies can release products that aren’t what was advertised and then make it up as they go along. Now we’re sitting at nearly 2 years since launch and some of their customers have taken this same mentality; covering up major issues with the unit and re-writing history.

A perfect example is the thread the OP of this thread started on TGP, asking people their thoughts on the dependability of NDSP to see the unit through to the end and if it was believed they could actually handle it. The only people who were honest and open about the issues were those who already sold the unit or have been watching from the sidelines, the majority of the owners just spit out the same BS NDSP has been or the ever-present “I like the form factor and it fits my needs” and then instead of addressing any of the issues that people brought up, questioned the legitimacy of the posters bringing up the issues. The whole attack the messenger and not the message thing that people tend to do when they’re trying avoid the point.

Yeaaaaahhhhh, that’s where some of the controversy comes into play; pre-launch the CEO was on TGP bragging about how the pandemic wasn’t affecting them at all. They had already ordered all the materials needed to put the units together, they were just working on the programming and since they could do it from home, they were unaffected. But the delays kept coming and more than once, Doug stated it wasn’t the pandemic, just them trying to make it as perfect as possible.

It wasn’t until nearly a year after it started shipping that they came out with a blog update stating the issues they ran into with the pandemic, which was just getting parts to make new units. They had to figure out how to make new chips work in the unit at one point and needed to pool all the staff together to make it happen, which is why the updates have not been “aggressive” as they were promised to be.

There’s two histories now; the easily seen history in all the TGP posts where everything was going great and no issues were related to the pandemic (pre-launch) then the revisionist history that was created after the unit started shipping. For over a year the CEO was on TGP talking the unit up and handing out promises like gifts on an Oprah set, then as soon as that thing started shipping he ghosted social media and the majority of their communication is via blog posts that get run through their AI-revisionist filter.

Those of us who find the company (and their volunteers) to be slimy have often been questioned “Why does it bother you so much?”, personally speaking, I’m a gear fan. My life consists of music and very little else and is the most important thing in my life, one of the very few things I take seriously. I think the launch of this thing and the way NDSP has handled themselves sets a really sh*tty precedent where companies can release products that aren’t what was advertised and then make it up as they go along. Now we’re sitting at nearly 2 years since launch and some of their customers have taken this same mentality; covering up major issues with the unit and re-writing history.

A perfect example is the thread the OP of this thread started on TGP, asking people their thoughts on the dependability of NDSP to see the unit through to the end and if it was believed they could actually handle it. The only people who were honest and open about the issues were those who already sold the unit or have been watching from the sidelines, the majority of the owners just spit out the same BS NDSP has been or the ever-present “I like the form factor and it fits my needs” and then instead of addressing any of the issues that people brought up, questioned the legitimacy of the posters bringing up the issues. The whole attack the messenger and not the message thing that people tend to do when they’re trying avoid the point.
Yea I can understand that. This wouldn’t be the first time a CEO misspoke or played down a potential pitfall to get orders in or to simply make a product look better than it is. IIRC, someone “made” a wah that was identical and just rebranded. Cant remember who that was but it wasn’t too long ago.

I dont mean to tout their horn so loudly, but I think FAS has set the bar so high with updates and innovation at lightning speed its a near impossible standard to keep up with. My Eventide which set me back the costs of 3 axeFXIII units hasn’t had an update since February and the bug list keeps growing. This is aside from the fact they put out a 900 dollar pedal with algorithms the flagship didnt get yet. We are still waiting for bug fixes. My TC G System hasn’t had a firmware update in 8 years, and before it was EOL the updates were few and far in between, too. This is kind of par the course in the industry. For good or for bad.

Point being to be completely fair, yes NDSP probably over promised and they still have not delivered some features and functionality promised. YET. I’d like to think they will, as the product is still somewhat new. If I had my way, they’d scrap the QC and work on a single or double space rackmount flagship to be actual competition on the sector. I dont understand why a profiler is in a pedal format. A pedal typically goes on the floor or on a pedal board, usually for some kind of live performance. Am I going to my gig, checking out the band before me, falling in love with the guitar sound and saying “hey man, mind if we take 20 minutes in between sets, chase everyone out so its nice and quiet and I run a capture of your amp”? For me, profiling = studio = rackmount. Make a QC baby brother with just some models or profiles to gig with.

NDSP also wouldn’t be the only brand to demonize the naysayers. More brands than not tend to do that, some more aggressively than others.

As my title states, I’m relatively new over there (~2 years) and recently stumbled over here because @JiveTurkey has a link to this forum in his signature. I always valued his posts and so I wanted to check this place out.

I don’t want to ask a sensitive question, but I’ve been wondering so I’m gonna ask anyways:

What happened and why does this place exist?
Welcome fellow QC user, have fun
It`s a chill place, and I hope it will stay that way.

Share your music :beer

Yea I can understand that. This wouldn’t be the first time a CEO misspoke or played down a potential pitfall to get orders in or to simply make a product look better than it is. IIRC, someone “made” a wah that was identical and just rebranded. Cant remember who that was but it wasn’t too long ago.

I dont mean to tout their horn so loudly, but I think FAS has set the bar so high with updates and innovation at lightning speed its a near impossible standard to keep up with. My Eventide which set me back the costs of 3 axeFXIII units hasn’t had an update since February and the bug list keeps growing. This is aside from the fact they put out a 900 dollar pedal with algorithms the flagship didnt get yet. We are still waiting for bug fixes. My TC G System hasn’t had a firmware update in 8 years, and before it was EOL the updates were few and far in between, too. This is kind of par the course in the industry. For good or for bad.

Point being to be completely fair, yes NDSP probably over promised and they still have not delivered some features and functionality promised. YET. I’d like to think they will, as the product is still somewhat new. If I had my way, they’d scrap the QC and work on a single or double space rackmount flagship to be actual competition on the sector. I dont understand why a profiler is in a pedal format. A pedal typically goes on the floor or on a pedal board, usually for some kind of live performance. Am I going to my gig, checking out the band before me, falling in love with the guitar sound and saying “hey man, mind if we take 20 minutes in between sets, chase everyone out so its nice and quiet and I run a capture of your amp”? For me, profiling = studio = rackmount. Make a QC baby brother with just some models or profiles to gig with.

NDSP also wouldn’t be the only brand to demonize the naysayers. More brands than not tend to do that, some more aggressively than others.

Hahaha well the Vertex thing was quite different; that dude was buying BBE wah pedals, not doing a thing but changing the faceplate and rubber grip, gooping the insides and saying it was a Vertex product, then continued to lie about it after being caught. I have no doubts that all the guts of a QC were designed by NDSP, they just can’t seem to get the thing up to it’s advertised state and the longer time goes by (we’re going on 2 years now) the higher the chances of the initial features being removed/forgotten about. A lot of the customers are already saying they don‘t care about the originally promised features, lending them even more leeway to not deliver.

That’s a bummer to hear about Eventide, especially at that price point.

Hahahah and for every QC user that has their unit mounted on a board, there’s 2-3 guys that use it as a desktop unit and have a separate MIDI controller they keep on the floor…..but I believe that’s mostly due to the QC’s footswitching not offering a lot of versatility and the lack of a desktop editor; no one wants to bend over a pedalboard to program the thing. Which is also kind of funny, “UI is so intuitive and so much easier to use than other modelers…..that’s why I keep it a foot away from my hands instead of on the floor.” :rofl

Back