Straturday Night Solos (Talk Box Update)

Thanks, man! I‘ve definitely realized in the last year that not having a wife/kids allows me to keep that ambition going, which plays a big part in my current anti-relationship status. The fulfillment I get from doing stuff like this, well, I’d say I wished I had this fulfillment years ago, but I think the last 15 years had to happen in order for me to realize that fulfillment. Even if it’s doing something I consider kinda silly, pulling it off is really rewarding.
I feel the same way about my practicing routine as you do about recording!

Man Drew, you’re a beast. Really cool stuff - you are skilled at so much, I’m jealous! :D

Just drop your social life and family, you’ll have ALL kinds of time for stuff like this. :rofl :rofl

I’ve gone into some deep thought over how I turned out this way and while the above is a joke, it’s not far off base, especially these days. The talk box video is a good insight into what makes me tick, I’m often prompted to do something just so I can prove to myself I can do it and if I went into the psychological reasons of why I do that, it’d probably make everyone really sad. :ROFLMAO:

Just drop your social life and family, you’ll have ALL kinds of time for stuff like this. :rofl :rofl

I’ve gone into some deep thought over how I turned out this way and while the above is a joke, it’s not far off base, especially these days. The talk box video is a good insight into what makes me tick, I’m often prompted to do something just so I can prove to myself I can do it and if I went into the psychological reasons of why I do that, it’d probably make everyone really sad. :ROFLMAO:
I hear ya - a few bits of insight in that post right there.

But rather than make everyone sad, let’s not go there and just keep rocking together!! :rawk

I might layer it behind the take I’m definitely keeping in there, just mixing it in and out at specific times, or if it works, crossfade the two takes together. We’ll see how adventurous I get (by adventurous I mean baked). :rofl

Lean into it, man! I think outside the box choices, and unexpected layers and textures is gnarly as fuck!

Definitely that harmony part at the end with the talk box effected part blended with the uneffected part. Sounds killer! :beer

After banging out metal riffs all night, I finished out Saturday night working on one of my non-metal tunes. I had the first 4 bars of this worked out a while back but didn't know what else to do with it, I winged it a few times and stumbled upon this. It won't be the final version, there's some tiny nuance things I want to nail, but nonetheless...

(Starts with a camera audio noodle then the Logic audio comes in)

Gilmour Strat into a Dry Bell Vibe 3, using one of Austin Buddy's Superlead presets I tweaked a bit, I think there's a Klon doing a clean boost and the obvious sh*tload of delay. For the delays I'm using a 1/4 Vintage Digital and a .8th Ping Pong, I love the way it fills in the rests between notes.

It's been a good guitar day, that's for sure.

Wicked cool. Great job!

Back