Strat Pickups Much? What You Got?

Have to wait and source a Bridge pup. I only want to go under the hood as few times as needed. :idk

Well, I did a thing. You know, that thing we all know and love around here. :idk

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 07-01-30 EMG DG20 David Gilmour Pre-Wired Loaded Strat Pickguard 2010...png

Anyone pair lower output 50s era neck and middle Strat pickups with a 60s or 70s overwound Strat bridge pickup?

I’m starting to think these are how the Pribora’s are voiced that way. The neck/middle are considerably lower output than the bridge and also voiced differently. The bridge pickup is rather girthy with a good amount of mids, to the point I need to spend some time lowering/raising them to get them balanced better.

I’m a big fan of the Fender 57/62 set. Definitely vintage inspired, they sound great in my AVRI 62 Strat.

My AVRI 54 reissue has custom shop fat 50s and those seem nice too, especially in the neck and neck/middle…lots of chime where I think the 57/62 has a little more mid oomph.

IMO you can’t go wrong with any of the fender Pure Vintage stuff if you like vintage pickups.

I was nasty and lowballed a Reverb seller. He shot a counteroffer back. I shot a counter-counter offer back
and a day later it didn't sell, so he accepted my offer.

Now I feel dirty. :facepalm

I really think you need a couple of Strats as a player. :idk A more modern Strat (DG20?) and a more vintage
inspired Strat with some kind of low-output vintage correct Strat pickups. Neither can do what the other does.
Hence, the need for both. :LOL:

I have had the DG20 setup in a CAR Fender Classic 50's Strat and loved it. The only acceptable form of EMGs.
For me. :beer

I was nasty and lowballed a Reverb seller. He shot a counteroffer back. I shot a counter-counter offer back
and a day later it didn't sell, so he accepted my offer.

Now I feel dirty. :facepalm

I really think you need a couple of Strats as a player. :idk A more modern Strat (DG20?) and a more vintage
inspired Strat with some kind of low-output vintage correct Strat pickups. Neither can do what the other does.
Hence, the need for both. :LOL:

I have had the DG20 setup in a CAR Fender Classic 50's Strat and loved it. The only acceptable form of EMGs.
For me. :beer

That was definitely my idea behind getting the 2nd Strat. Still not sure which one is going to get used for the cover band, initially I figured the Gilmour Strat would fair better with another guitarist but I’m not quite as sure now as he’s kinda washing a lot out as he’s a chorus addict. I don’t think competing with him is the way to go as it’ll be too much, so maybe the vintage-voiced pickups will fair better in the mix.

Oh man! I have come to conclude that pitch detune effects are only ever intended for one guitar bands.
Great at some spatial widening and fattening. :chef

I have never heard them work well live in 2 guitar bands (warble.... warble.... why are you both out of tune???) :facepalm

:LOL:

Caveat: Playing drastically different parts in different registers can work great though. Playing the
same notes in the same register, with one or more using Chorus, not so much. In my experience. :idk

Caveat: Playing drastically different parts in different registers can work great though. Playing the
same notes in the same register, with one or more using Chorus, not so much. In my experience. :idk

This is the plan! Really, it gives me a ton of freedom just sticking to a supporting role because I can pretty much pick and choose which way I want to go. Pretty rare we'll be playing the same parts at the same time.

Back