Strat Pickups Much? What You Got?

Yup. I still dream about that neck. I wish they made a neck with that profile and a Rosewood board. :love

The neck on the purple tele in my sig is a USACG with a very similar profile but the radius is different, mines a compound radius 7.25-9" instead of the 12" on the kotzen.

Anyone pair lower output 50s era neck and middle Strat pickups with a 60s or 70s overwound Strat bridge pickup?

Last edited:
Nice! For some reason a Greybottom 60's overwound Strat Bridge PU is taunting me right now. :brick

Sounds good!

Not suggesting that you need to go the Lollar route for the bridge. Just saying that I did the higher output pup in the bridge, and it worked out okay. I was worried that 2nd position wouldn't work in terms of balance, but it was fine.

Just a little leery of cloning your tonal outcome. :idk

:rofl

Hah! I did it because it's a popular mix, so if anything I was cloning a 1000 other guitars. Not really some very "personal" choice on my part. That exact pickup mix was stock in Cordy's K Line when he got it IIRC.

I believe that K Line put their own pups in their guitars these days, but Dirty Blondes were stock, a few years back, I think.

I might be blasphemous and go the GFS route.
Awkward Hide GIF by TipsyElves.com

I actually use the Bridge pickup (other than in position 2 paired with the Middle) the least.

If I put a stacked single coil or a rail in it someone please put me out of my misery! :LOL:

Back