Speaking of Mezzabarba

The Ares is getting moved. Almost too much gain with this guitar and it's a bit of a one trick pony.
Most likely the V:25 too. Starting to move away from that tone and preferring more upper mid bite.
The new Pink Taco is insane in that regard. I never played a Jose modded amp but I'd imagine it's probably
kinda like this - a really pissed off and gainy Marshall with enough high end to rip your head off.

That'll leave the used Soldano I pick up in the morning and the Skill. The Astro is going to do the straight
up SLO thing while Mezza's nickname according to Kyle Bull is Marsholdano - with more gain and clarity.

Pumped!

over-skill.jpg

I try and try to like KSR amps but I can't for the life of me

Funny, I had a Ceres preamp first, which is based on his amps, and sold it for the Vesta - which has one channel voiced Modded Marshall and the other Soldano. (y)

Funny, I had a Ceres preamp first, which is based on his amps, and sold it for the Vesta - which has one channel voiced Modded Marshall and the other Soldano. (y)
Seems you eventually found your way! I still think there is merit to just sticking with the staples for amps. I'm weighing on getting a Dual Rec again, I miss my old MW something fierce

The juggernaut with Mezza is the pocketbook.
Or exercise patience and score one used.
Look at it.
At 52 (almost), I’ve learned.. if it looks good..it’s expensive

Or exercise patience and score one used.

I searched daily on Reverb for at least 2 months, maybe closer to 3. Came really close about a week before I scored to buying a used M-Zero but it would have been too big. Then I was within hours of buying new from Canada when a used one showed up.

I'm dying here waiting for UPS on Thursday! This is the pics from the seller.

1704839611332.png

1704839660795.png

Dude is also a A+++ packer.

1704839742341.png

File under 'Happy Accidents'

The 100 watt M-Zero and Trinity have a negative feedback control. The 30 watt Skill comes stock with a power knob/built in soak. When I was gonna order new I planned on paying the up-charge to replace power with feedback.

mezzabarba-mzero-od-front.jpg

The seller of the used one didn't mention a thing in his ad and his pictures show a power knob.
Lo and behold the amp has the negative feedback circuit! Didn't bring it up to the seller and gave him a 5 star feedback cause I'm assuming he didn't know what he had since he would have highlighted it in his ad.

Last edited:
Checked them out. Wonder what is with the pricing? Rack preamp 2500+ Amps around 4000. How you all buying them just from youtube videos?

Checked them out. Wonder what is with the pricing? Rack preamp 2500+ Amps around 4000. How you all buying them just from youtube videos?
I’ve played them all in person and have met Mr. Mezzabarba many times as well as Jp and others from the team. The stuff is premium pricing and it is premium gear. No more or less than a new Soldano.

Yeah never doubted it is meticulously made. And much more complex than pair of decent 3d printer + 3d scanner I could by for 4000 euros ;-)

I have a buddy with a huge rack, w/d/w setup. Thousands and thousands. He buys yets complains how such simple things cost that much. He poisoned me. How come pickups cost that much? Etc etc. Topic amps are from Europe? why they ask 4000 when JVM is 1300? Because meticulously made. Wrt guitar pricing Harley Benton rumored to be ok.
So I know prices are crazy. I just can't understand _their_ pricings. Simple two/three channel amp cost thrice as much as JVM??? Even more than fully MIDI Diezel VHX. I don't get their thinking.

I don't get their thinking.

If you order a new amp direct from them today the lead time for your build is at least 3 months.
I guess their thinking is how to run a successful tube amp company.

An Infinity QX55 SUV starts at $50,000.
A Ford Escape starts at $30,000.

You drive a Ford, right? :stirthepot

Yeah I wish you didn't go that car comparison way. I don't think you can say JVM's tone is cheaper. Or it's schematics is simpler? How do you even say "amp sounds cheaper"? I doubt because all this is subjective, unlike for example 2wd vs 4wd or engine power.

I never meant I want them to go out of business. We need amp builders so modelers have something to model lol. And their lead time and business success - we are stepping into typical price per unit vs sales volume territory.

I guess you have to truly love their unique sound and feel, that the only thing is unique and worth in amps right? which brings me back to the original post - I pay 4000 after either youtube or driving to Italy?

I don't think you can say JVM's tone is cheaper. Or it's schematics is simpler? How do you even say "amp sounds cheaper"?

I didn't say anything sounded cheaper. The car example is just to show that there's varying price points, regardless the commodity.
Could have used watches instead - most I ever spent on one of those is $50.

most I ever spent on one of those is $50.
I mean with watches, especially one-off pieces one could argue about micromechanics and they could cost $100 if it is Urwerk. With cars the are objective parameters. So I like watches analogy more. And since watch prices are will known idiocies so are the amps.

I mean with watches, especially one-off pieces one could argue about micromechanics and they could cost $100 if it is Urwerk. With cars the are objective parameters. So I like watches analogy more. And since watch prices are will known idiocies so are the amps.

Do you think all transformers are created equally? How about 300 volt electrolytic capacitors? Premium components top to bottom add up. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

Back