Speaking of Mezzabarba

This is pretty cool. I thought it was a final master volume but it's a built in attenutor (same thing, kinda). Run it full bore normally and then back it off as needed for late nights, etc.

1701309960684.png

Last edited:
This is pretty cool. I thought it was a final master volume but it's a built in attenutor (same thing, kinda). Run it full bore normally and then back it off as needed for late nights, etc.

View attachment 14709
If I go Skill, I order direct & customize it into a Cremepuff.
Yeah, you wait but get it just like you want it for that kinda’ coin.

Imagine if Mezza came out with a 30watt
Eric Steckel💯
I bet they’d employ EL-34’s still in the power section.
They’d sell HERDS.
Mezzabaraba is sitting’ high & wide right now🎯

Steckel rips!! Saw him at Namm in the Mezza booth. Too bad he does not get a real front man singer like Kenny Wayne did when he realized his voice would not take him very far.

When I had a Mezza Skill

And when I had a Trinity

and live with the Trinity

Bottom line, sold it. Ch 3 is full molten shred mode, ch 2 was voiced so differently that I could never dial in a good crunch or riffing rhythm mode Super slick midi for 3 ch's but not for that price tag

200w.gif

Brand new direct from the factory wired for US voltage and delivered to my door for under $2.5K via Northerner Guitars in Canada.

EDIT: for an extra $100 I'm replacing the stock Power Scaling knob on the far right with the NF circuit instead like in this pic. (y)

e8p1joodjeoc9isrbydw.jpg

P.S. sign up for a chance at a free $3K guitar. (no affiliation)

What do you think of the Skill?

I forgot you're part of the Knaggs crew!

Were Eric and Doug coming out of the Vox and Fender?!?!?!? :oops:
Oh god I wish I remembered. I was just so amazed with the playing nothing else mattered. If memory serves me, this was also before Eric had his Mezzabarba deal. The Marriot stage limits amps to 40w. The sound crew there does a great job. There is typically always something to plug into up there. I’ve seen many guys just bring a pedal or 2. I always keep an overdrive of some sort in the gig bag if I’m playing because you never know what’s going to be there.

Confirmed today: 3 month lead time from Italy. ;)

Till then...

Spoiler alert: the Skill 30 is better than it should be. Like when Chevy started putting LT1 motors in Camaros. Why buy the vette? I have the Skill 30 combo and it’s a fantastic little amp. Very loud. Brutal overdrive. Perfectly useable clean, too.

Spoiler alert: the Skill 30 is better than it should be.

I'm insane with internet research once a piece of gear gets stuck in the craw and I've read/seen/heard too many people say it's the best amp in their line to think it's hyperbole.

Last edited:
You can order it fully customized also.
That amp has the dopest edge of break-up crunch EVAR’.
I’m not pissing on the clean tones either as the clean tones are killer.
I appreciate 34’s in the power section in a low watter bigtime also.
Best amp in the used amp prices,
for what you get & the quality of tone/feel.
I bet Mezza’s got some sick ass shit coming in the near future.

You can order it fully customized also.

I plan on contacting Mezza to see what's involved with the Feedback mod. It was only a $100 up-charge which ain't much so maybe it's something I can do with some guidance from them. I got all the tools!

Last edited:
Man, hate being a dick but here's how close it came to buying the new one.
(price is Canadian dollars)

Untitled.png

Gotta say the salesman Joel was more than cool about it. Get a really good vibe from these folks.
And they carry some killer lines!

1704332489320.png

Last edited:
Back