Speaking of Knaggs

knowing everything about nuts and best angles for the head

Stop it! You're making her blush...
400px-Tori_Black_3_2010.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the Knaggs! Admittedly I’m not a fan of most of his designs but I love the Kenai. Joe also designed the OG PRS Mira and Starla, the latter of which I’m a fan (even the SE version). A guitar like the Kenai is out of reach for me currently but definitely one I’d love to check out in the future. Glad you’re loving it. Absolutely stunning to look at too.

Untitled.png

Five body shape improvements based on my couple of weeks with it.
1. Top strap button allows the guitar to hang more natural than the LP placement does.
2. Lower bout (13.5") gives a bit more area for your forearm over the LP (13")
3. Waist is also more substantial as is the upper bout. Guitar is so much better balanced.
4. Control placement is less congested and positioned better.
5. The Kenai has the pickups/bridge centered on the body which feels more natural.

Last edited:
When I owned a couple

Heavy as F and did not stay in tune at a gig -deal killer. Hard to sell as there is a very small amount of people who have both heard of knaggs and have the coin to drop. If I wanted a LP style guitar again i would go with an Anderson

View attachment 14603

Five body shape improvements based on my couple of weeks with it.
1. Top strap button allows the guitar to hang more natural than the LP placement does.
2. Lower bout (13.5") gives a bit more area for your forearm over the LP (13")
3. Waist is also more substantial as is the upper bout. Guitar is so much better balanced.
4. Control placement is less congested and positioned better.
5. The Kenai has the pickups/bridge centered on the body which feels more natural.
But it looks horrible 🤣

This is the regular Kenai model and not the reduced carve one like the SS/ES sig models like in @cragginshred vids.
Why this is an improvement over a regular Les Paul is obvious from the pics. 7.6 pounds might seem light for a Lester but it feels awesome with this and I'm having zero issues with tones being thin. I can't even use the MIV setting on the Boogie cause it's too thick!

20231128_114820.jpg

20231128_114850.jpg

Last edited:
Stumbled over the original listing for the Kenai. Think this is their biggest east coast dealer.

Stumbled over the original listing for the Kenai. Think this is their biggest east coast dealer.

Anthony over at Eastchester music is a stand up guy, 100%. Buy anything there with confidence. Like you were buying from family. I don’t say this lightly. I know him well.

Back