SPARK 2 " A.I " Tone Creation ..... pretty damn impressive

It’s too bad, because I would like an amp in this format. Yamaha THX is awful, and the Katana Air is both too expensive and too AM-radio sounding.

its worth watching , if you are just looking at it for what it is , a good practice tool
I don't know. I like practising with gear I like. I never bonded with that "I'm going to buy gear for practising... Not necessarily as good as my go-to rig, but hey... It's for practising!".

Actually, I don't understand that approach.

Add to that the fact that letting an AI build a patch for you is not quite the concept of practising for me. Dialing-in a tone is part of practise for me. I think a guitarist must know how to do it, and the only way to know how to do it is... trying to do it.

I found interesting the OP by Ben because he said the tones were basically spot on. Not necessarily something I really want, but definitely something I would consider interesting.

Can the AI make the effects not goofy or let us switch cabs?

Until it can reproduce a mid boosted fender tone into 4x12 Greenbacks with too much input gain and have the tape Saturation of an old Memorex tape player turned up way too loud in the Oakland Colliseum's bathroom with no first reflections it ain't trve AI.

F$ck me ..... tough crowd around here ;)

Ben
My harping was more about calling a preset "Hendrix Watch Tower" and it not sounding anything close to the tones lol. For one, the main rhythm guitar on the actual song is an acoustic (played by Dave Mason, btw) and the lead by Jimi is cleaner and warmer, and totally different breakup characteristics than the demo vid. :cop

I dunno about authentic but the tones definitely seemed usable. I suspect they'd work just fine when practicing at home. I suspect they'd also work fine in a cover-band bar/wedding gig situation. No one there's nitpicking tones. If it's close enough and has the vibe they DGAF.

Whether or not the guitarist is happy enough is another question. I know a few really good players who would be just fine with those. You know, the types of dudes who spend a lot of time playing and zero time researching tones on the internet. Heathens lol

I dunno about authentic but the tones definitely seemed usable. I suspect they'd work just fine when practicing at home. I suspect they'd also work fine in a cover-band bar/wedding gig situation. No one there's nitpicking tones. If it's close enough and has the vibe they DGAF.

Whether or not the guitarist is happy enough is another question. I know a few really good players who would be just fine with those. You know, the types of dudes who spend a lot of time playing and zero time researching tones on the internet. Heathens lol
I would hazard to guess that 90% of album releasing and touring acts are not tone obsessed and going down the rabbit hole about what pickups are in this Les Paul
Or tube swapping or trying to find the right IR

I would hazard to guess that 90% of album releasing and touring acts are not tone obsessed and going down the rabbit hole about what pickups are in this Les Paul
I would guess for many or most of them, they (or their producers) are pretty tone-obsessed on recordings but much less so live.

We (gear forum users) live in a bubble.

I agree in all that things you are saying in the last posts. Too much noodling around tone can be a waste of time for live use.

However, for me that's not an excuse for choosing worse sounding gear over better sounding gear.

If that was to be the case, I don't understand why every pro player doesn't gig with sh--y amps/pedals.

I mean... If one can buy pretty good sounding gear (even for cheap), why would you accept buying worse gear?

My point is that the "Satriani makes sound good a wood stick, so there's no point on buying anything else than a wood stick" argument is just fallacy.

I agree in all that things you are saying in the last posts. Too much noodling around tone can be a waste of time for live use.

However, for me that's not an excuse for choosing worse sounding gear over better sounding gear.

If that was to be the case, I don't understand why every pro player doesn't gig with sh--y amps/pedals.

I mean... If one can buy pretty good sounding gear (even for cheap), why would you accept buying worse gear?

My point is that the "Satriani makes sound good a wood stick, so there's no point on buying anything else than a wood stick" argument is just fallacy.
Buy what inspires you and helps you make music
If that a looping riff through a spark great
that’s really the most important thing ,,,,make music

Buy what inspires you and helps you make music
If that a looping riff through a spark great
that’s really the most important thing ,,,,make music
I agree, again.

I think that all of us enjoy the gear we own. We have chosen it, and we keep on researching new gear. We like that process. We're more or less OK with the waste of time it can be, if we focus on the "make music" goal. I guess it's just another way of being happy... :rofl

Just watched Fluff's review of the Spark 2, and he mentions SparkAI is basically a smart search over existing presets.

So, if I were to ask the AI: "Full volume Fender Blues Junior with a broken speaker in a big cathedral" or "Give me the Foo Fighters Monkey Wrench tone"

Does the AI generate me this kind of tone from scratch or does it search among the presets on the web?

Back