IK Multimedia Tone X One?

I tried both ports but yeah. I didn't pull the boards apart but I don't have time right now - tomorrow maybe!
You can probably power it from the faslink port if you don't have an FC connected, that puts out 12V 1A. Been doing that for a year and a half on my fm9 with a TC Helicon pedal.
I don't remember the pinout for the connection but there was a discussion on the fractal forum about it.

Ahh, good ol' Leo and his "scientific" measurements.... :cautious:

For whatever's worth, the fact that Tonex ONE has seemingly higher latency when connected via USB-C is likely related to his own computer setup than the device itself. The rest looks accurate enough though - kinda surprised to see that it has less latency than the 3-button Tonex pedal.

It was a crapshoot in the kemper days and those generally were gainstaged consistently. When you add in the need to adjust the gain anywhere from +20dB to -20dB it just makes you think “well I might as well just use an algorithmic model and dial the whole tone in”. Way better workflow than going through a list of models and trying to work out which ones might work and what they’re intended to sound like.

If you are wanting to dial something in, captures are a poor choice IMO. The whole point to me is that the amp has been dialled in very specifically already to produce a certain sound. It might sound cool in other ways, but you’d hope the amp has already been dialled in a particular way to achieve a sound.

There is no benefit to gain staging being all over the place, the best you can hope for is something that sounds good (with accuracy becoming irrelevant). Anyone who disagrees compare the experience of Amplitube to Helix/Fractal/Neural DSP. Gain staging being all over the place without users knowing what to do=amateur hour.

Last edited:
All you really need to do is adjust them to your taste tbh. Not saying all captures are good, but the gain knob is there to be used. I also capture a lot of my own gear, and both solutions work pretty flawlessly for that
Yeah using your own caps is the best case scenario for capture devices, IME. But that negates a lot of the purported benefits.

I’m not willing to d*ck around with levels on all the random caps out there; at that point it’s much more productive to switch paradigms to a component based modeler and pick the amp you want and dial it to taste.

You can probably power it from the faslink port if you don't have an FC connected, that puts out 12V 1A. Been doing that for a year and a half on my fm9 with a TC Helicon pedal.
I don't remember the pinout for the connection but there was a discussion on the fractal forum about it.

Very interesting - I might give it a shot for fun sometime!

Back