Some folks DO, while others make clickbait garbage.

Speaking as a retired detective sergeant who had occasion to work with the FBI through the years, I can tell you they won't touch anything that isn't $100k or more in loss.
Not surprising. Just dismaying. They should take their website they've got set up for that stuff down then, instead of giving people false hope of things getting sorted.

Not surprising. Just dismaying. They should take their website they've got set up for that stuff down then, instead of giving people false hope of things getting sorted.
Trademark/copyright disputes are the job of a litigation team and the courts, not the FBI.

When it’s actively ripping off people being fooled into thinking it’s a legit website, it’s more than trademark/copyright.
Call the FBI. I bet they forward you to the United Stated Patent and Trademark Office, who will probably advise you to contact an attorney. 👍🏻

I worked for the state a few years and believe me, government agencies are more compartmentalized than the metal genre.

Call the FBI. I bet they forward you to the United Stated Patent and Trademark Office, who will probably advise you to contact an attorney. 👍🏻

I worked for the state a few years and believe me, government agencies are more compartmentalized than the metal genre.
I guess my point is, I'm less concerned about some assholes using my photography and logo I designed, than I am people being suckered.

Well, then you must be a good dude, because most people would protect their IP before empathizing for others. ❤️
We're a tiny, tiny shop. Yes, it might affect us in some small way, but the bulk of our business is in-store and Reverb anyway. But it's a shitty feeling when some mom or dad calls, and says they ordered something, and gives us this bogus url, and we come to find it's some scam site. What's dismaying is that their webhost, who is in California, refuses to even lift a finger either. Again, not surprising, just dismaying.

We're a tiny, tiny shop. Yes, it might affect us in some small way, but the bulk of our business is in-store and Reverb anyway. But it's a sh*tty feeling when some mom or dad calls, and says they ordered something, and gives us this bogus url, and we come to find it's some scam site. What's dismaying is that their webhost, who is in California, refuses to even lift a finger either. Again, not surprising, just dismaying.
How far along are you in the identification process?

How far along are you in the identification process?
angry liam neeson GIF

Google isn’t the internet police. That’s a copyright/trademark issue.

Number one reason why I didn’t stay in the graphic design field.

Edited for clarity.
There is PLENTY that google keeps out of search results. They also bury relevant stuff in order to push up others. Just yesterday I needed wiring pics and instructions for regular grounded electrical plugs and neutrik powercon connectors.

This was an easy search ten years ago and the first page would have several relevant results. Today? ZERO for the first 5 pages

Yeah, I didn’t agree with his view on that. I mean, I’ve been going down the pickup rabbit hole for nearly 25 years now. I think I would know if pickups mattered or not. 😂
They don't matter. On a chainsaw. On a guitar, they're pretty important and quite different between one another. I also once dropped a pickup into a jar of bees. They didn't seem to care much, either.

Back