Some folks DO, while others make clickbait garbage.

The dude is a fraud, straight up. He passes himself off as a pro producer, but look at his actual body of work:

Discography via Discogs

Three albums from bands nobody has heard of, the last released nearly a decade ago.

He's basically a full time YouTuber who thrives off clickbait thumbnails, shilling for low end products, and literally screaming hot takes into the camera.

Honestly, his first few videos I watched were pretty funny. It was like someone channeled HCAF into video format (see all of his old Line 6 Spider videos). But very quickly he lost credibility as the songs he produced sounded awful. And the proof I posted above, he doesn't do production for a living.
Have you ever seen Pensado's Place? The guy has a legit list of credits, but unlike glenn, he actually promotes snake oil

Because if you don't YouTube will delist and demonetize your videos. No I'm not kidding
There are no such things on YT rules for content.

For some reason, people click on videos with a face on them more. It's psychology rather than YT forcing them.

The Jason Sadites videos are murder because of that "long pitch" stuff. But compared to ai writing garbage artiles with the actual topic buried in there somewhere...ouch
this is another of my old man fist in the sky complaints... I hate having to watch a 30 minute video to get something I could read in 20 seconds. Even at 2x playback it is too long.

I read books like that sometimes where I find myself thinking "this is a pamplet's worth of material that somebody decided needed to be a book so they made up a bunch of fake stories to support it"

The answer of course is that people are trying to make money with it and that is the primary goal.

For some reason, people click on videos with a face on them more. It's psychology rather than YT forcing them.
brian regan what GIF

^Top earner face right there!

this is another of my old man fist in the sky complaints... I hate having to watch a 30 minute video to get something I could read in 20 seconds. Even at 2x playback it is too long.

I read books like that sometimes where I find myself thinking "this is a pamplet's worth of material that somebody decided needed to be a book so they made up a bunch of fake stories to support it"

The answer of course is that people are trying to make money with it and that is the primary goal.
I've been trying like hell to do a live stream on some of these long pitch, multi level marketing guru guitar lesson scams that show up as instagram ads. The windup on those is INSANE before you get to the first price listing.

Every time I try it, the ads don't show...As soon as I disconnect from the stream the ads are back...so frustrating. Bad luck

I work at Google so I can shed some light on that. We absolutely have content rules but no minimum length. We do release benchmarks and guidelines and creators are strongly incentivized to make videos longer than 8 minutes because all the data shows those videos perform better. Unfortunately some creators take it as "ok I'm gonna pad my video even if it makes no sense to do so cause monetization" and that's how you get all that wordy garbage.

this article explains the whole thing surprisingly well:

note: nothing I wrote earlier is meant as speaking for my employer, just trying to help here :)

I have far more respect for people who capitalize on their breasts than Fricker

And Fred durst is king, does not belong in the same sentence as glen

"Let Me Duck Duck Go That For You" just doesn't have the same ring to it :oops:

Right? LOL. The whole video where they are all gathered in the auditorium freaking out over a certain person becoming elected really soured me and I'm not even a fan of that certain person. You start seeing $hit like that man it's bordering on an impending Technocracy. Especially with how bloated google has become.

Reactions: JT
Right? LOL. The whole video where they are all gathered in the auditorium freaking out over a certain person becoming elected really soured me and I'm not even a fan of that certain person. You start seeing $hit like that man it's bordering on an impending Technocracy. Especially with how bloated google has become.
Note that people that work at Google are like people everywhere else, a wide variety of backgrounds, political leaning and values, and as everywhere else you have very right and left leaning people and a lot of people in the middle of those two extremes.

I think there were PLENTY of good reasons for that reaction, and history has been kind to who was concerned, especially since our workforce has a lot of immigrants including me (I'm a citizen now, but that doesn't take away from my experience as being from somewhere else). I'm ok with dropping this if everyone behaves like an adult.

Back