So what if Gibson does ruin Mesa?

It's the "Dusk Tiger Les Paul" of amps you have to beware. It would have a trashy leopard print tolex and some poorly drawn logo thing on the faceplate.

But seriously, Randall Smith is pretty close to retirement so someone new will have to take the reins and be responsible for amp design. I fully expect that Mesa is not too keen to make amps as complex as the Mark series in the future and will focus on more simple affairs.

It's the "Dusk Tiger Les Paul" of amps you have to beware. It would have a trashy leopard print tolex and some poorly drawn logo thing on the faceplate.

But seriously, Randall Smith is pretty close to retirement so someone new will have to take the reins and be responsible for amp design. I fully expect that Mesa is not too keen to make amps as complex as the Mark series in the future and will focus on more simple affairs.
It’s the complexity of those amps that made Mesa famous.

Randall hasn’t designed all that much lately. I’m not worried about it. He’s had his hand in the Cali Tweed and one other amp recently.

Honestly, I want one more Mesa after the BL, which will probably be the Fillmore 100 head. Other than that, I’ll be buying a fourth FM3 😂 and use that for additional flavors. At a certain point, differences in tones becomes minimal, because it’s the same player, same board, etc. and tone is in the……..

Honestly, I want one more Mesa after the BL, which will probably be the Fillmore 100 head. Other than that, I’ll be buying a fourth FM3 😂 and use that for additional flavors. At a certain point, differences in tones becomes minimal, because it’s the same player, same board, etc. and tone is in the……..
Magical meat mittens!!!

The JP2C in the AxefxIII is really close to the amp…….yet I still find myself looking at Reverb postings. Comes with the territory I guess.

Magical meat mittens!!!

The JP2C in the AxefxIII is really close to the amp…….yet I still find myself looking at Reverb postings. Comes with the territory I guess.
I just sold one yesterday (the amp, not the Fractal). The Fractal is so stunningly good, that IF you have a great playback system, it’s extraordinarily close.

But the power amp has for me always been the catch. Very happy with quilter though. Would love to try a Matrix. For cabs, obviously a Mesa will get that much closer.

I think 2-3 amps you REALLY love is ideal, and then a modeler for everything else. Hats off to people that can afford a wall of amps, but I neither can afford or desire the maintenance involved with that.

I just sold one yesterday (the amp, not the Fractal). The Fractal is so stunningly good, that IF you have a great playback system, it’s extraordinarily close.

But the power amp has for me always been the catch. Very happy with quilter though. Would love to try a Matrix. For cabs, obviously a Mesa will get that much closer.

I think 2-3 amps you REALLY love is ideal, and then a modeler for everything else. Hats off to people that can afford a wall of amps, but I neither can afford or desire the maintenance involved with that.
I have a dozen 100w heads and some combos, too. I just cant justify another amp, ever. Doesn’t mean I dont look and doesn’t mean it may not happen.

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

Randall hasn’t designed all that much lately. I’m not worried about it. He’s had his hand in the Cali Tweed and one other amp recently.

And the Cali Tweed is a killer amp. I’d pop in my local shop to play the Cali Tweed combo from time to time. If I had the stones to buy anything other than a UBER HIGH GAINEZ amp, that would be the one, for a clean/low gain pedal platform.

The Cali Tweed is shit........with the stock Jensen. I cannot fathom how people like that fucking speaker. Putting it through a Creamback or C90 is SOOOO much better. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

As someone who sells these things, I cannot understand how the Cali Tweed 20w is more expensive than the Badlander 25, which is objectively a more complicated amp.

Back