So what if Gibson does ruin Mesa?

Bruce

Shredder
What would the firebird x of guitar amps look like? All solid state, multi colored clown like face place instead of the Mesa down to business look, built in (bad) digital effects, realistic looking severed fingers in place of tone knobs? You know it’s coming and just a matter of time before they ruin this brand.

I tell you what Bruce; I just GORED OUT my earholes hitting the BL with a fake ass Klon and EQ pedal in the loop and up front. I think I am going deaf now :brick :satan :rofl They just have to keep away from anything stupid and keep hitting the marks they're hitting. To my ears at least. What's left of them :oops::whistle

So one more thing to add. I just put my Caline Pure Sky up front. I (perhaps mistakenly in hindsight) thought "The Badlander is almost too tight as is; so no need to throw some TS variant in front of what probably already has some TS styled sculpting in the preamp" circuit. I was wrong there too. Add a little sizzle sure but dialing in some bass up front and it was another flavor of :satan

I really need to get a different amp so I can start babbling about something else :chef

Gibson has released some turds and I'm no fanboi but I don't think the brand is ruined unless I have missed something. What have they done so far with mesa that has been so bad?

Do most people hate Gibson bc they can't afford them? Do those same people have much experience running that same size, or any size, guitar company putting out similar products at half the price or is it just internet smart guys?

What would the firebird x of guitar amps look like? All solid state, multi colored clown like face place instead of the Mesa down to business look, built in (bad) digital effects, realistic looking severed fingers in place of tone knobs? You know it’s coming and just a matter of time before they ruin this brand.
So you’re the local doom and gloom guy. Good to know. 😂

Again, the Gibson that F’d up a bunch of companies isn’t there anymore. It remains to be seen what the current regime will do.

Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that.

Gibson has released some turds and I'm no fanboi but I don't think the brand is ruined unless I have missed something. What have they done so far with mesa that has been so bad?

Do most people hate Gibson bc they can't afford them? Do those same people have much experience running that same size, or any size, guitar company putting out similar products at half the price or is it just internet smart guys?
I couldnt say as I have 8 Gibson les pauls and a midtown custom. Well, 7 les pauls because I dont consider an SG Les Paul a Les Paul and neither did Les Paul.

I admit to having a bone to pick with the brand after the piss poor service I got from them regarding my KRK monitors. That and watching them keep trying to reinvent the wheel when they're sitting on the most iconic guitar trademark ever made and cant get them out the door right. Aside from the fact a few years ago showing up at NAMM with NO guitars (or was it no GIBSONS, I cant remember but it was big news) to show.

What scares me about Mesa is I DO love the brand since I was a kid 3 decades ago. Seeing what they have done to other brands they ate up does not give me a good feeling. Already, a close friend needed tubes for his JP2C and it was out of warranty. They basically told him to pound sand. He wanted to BUY them and couldn't. In fairness this was during the great tube shortage (which wasnt really a shortage at all) of 2022 and I'm not sure if it was a sweetwater policy or a Mesa one but more than one retailer wouldnt sell mesa tubes unless you provided an in warranty serial #.

Reactions: JT
So you’re the local doom and gloom guy. Good to know. 😂

Again, the Gibson that F’d up a bunch of companies isn’t there anymore. It remains to be seen what the current regime will do.

Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that.
I understand what you're saying, I'm just unconvinced about what you're saying. Partially for reasons listed above.

Reactions: JT
And I’m unconvinced about what you’re saying, due to actual experience with the current company.
My actual experience with gibson support telling me to basically throw my 1200+ dollar KRK monitors in the river lead my view of Gibson, currently. Anything is subject to change, but this was just a year or 2 ago. Just before Covid. Their support is garbage.

My actual experience with gibson support telling me to basically throw my 1200+ dollar KRK monitors in the river lead my view of Gibson, currently. Anything is subject to change, but this was just a year or 2 ago. Just before Covid. Their support is garbage.
It’s nothing personal, dude. I’m just sick and tired of the doom and gloom bullshit all over the web about this, when nothings even materialized.

It’s nothing personal, dude. I’m just sick and tired of the doom and gloom bullshit all over the web about this, when nothings even materialized.
I getcha. I hearya. Like I tell my kids, if you've already done AB and C, whether or not you actually do D and E doesnt really matter because everyone will already expect you to and think you did it.

Why in the hell cant they just focus on making a GREAT guitar again and providing fair support for their product and acquired brands? Im grateful the cringeworthy Henry era is gone, yes but I cant say I dont fear for Mesa. Mesa literally did anything you wanted to their amps. FX loop put in, EQ section, repairs they'll price it and make it happen. I had an old mark IIB I sent in for work years ago. Gibson once something is a little out of warranty wont even talk to you. That was my experience. They acquired a brand that made some pretty kickass monitors, to wit the VXT8. They werent cheap disposable junk. I needed a tweeter. Common for a monitor. Called Adam for a tweeter they had it in the mail in a day for my 15 year old A7s. Gibson? My krk was out of warranty about 2 years. I wanted to BUY a tweeter. They wouldnt repair it, sell me one or even suggest where I can go to get it fixed. bubkis. This is not service. Thats what I fear for Mesa. Already saw a hint of it with how they handled tubes. How do you tell a guy who needs a tube you're saving them for in warranty amps that might not need one? My 1 year out of warranty amp, what do I do? Buy a new amp because it needs power tubes? Thats how they left it with my buddy.

Having some idea what Mesa is up to right now, I think the future for them is actually really bright. Their most recent amps, the Badlander, Filmore, Cali Tweed, and JP2C are all fantastic amplifiers and the CabClone IR and IR+ are great load boxes/IR loaders that dwarf the previously failed CabClone.

The pandemic slowed everything down and made parts difficult to come by and some parts have skyrocketed in cost. Have some faith and know they are working on good things.

Back