So…..I punted on the BL. FM9 ordered

Yeah I mean there is always a risk of revisions but I don't see the FM9T undergoing another change anytime soon.

Now an Axe FX IV, who knows lol that's for another thread and none of us outside of Cliff and team know the answers.
As someone who's now keeping way too much gear for their skill level in the first place, the AxeIII is already way too much device for me.

I gotta give a shout out as well, for the Quilter Tone Block. I had a chance to use one back in 2021, and I can still remember being shocked at how good it was.

I ran into a multi-band situation where I had to plug my Helix into another guy's backline, he had a Tone Block 201 running into a cab, and I was pretty surprised.

I gotta give a shout out as well, for the Quilter Tone Block. I had a chance to use one back in 2021, and I can still remember being shocked at how good it was.

I ran into a multi-band situation where I had to plug my Helix into another guy's backline, he had a Tone Block 201 running into a cab, and I was pretty surprised.
+1 on Quilter. Good power amp and nothing wrong with the preamp, either. I've been running a boost + Mini 101 in 4cm with HX Stomp and it sounds incredible.

Fun fact: I paid more for the boost pedal than I did for the head. :D

Fun fact #2: I could probably get away without the boost pedal. The HX treble booster will definitely get you in the ball park.

fJTLhUU.jpg

Last edited:
+1 on Quilter. Good power amp and nothing wrong with the preamp, either. I've been running a boost + Mini 101 in 4cm with HX Stomp and it sounds incredible.

Fun fact: I paid more for the boost pedal than I did for the head. :D

Fun fact #2: I could probably get away without the boost pedal. The HX treble booster will definitely get you in the ball park.

fJTLhUU.jpg
I love that rig long time.

Apparently the QSC GX5 is close to being a big 2U stereo version of their Quilter power amps, in terms of feel and tone. I might go down that road at some point; with the FM9 into the GX5 stereo, into two Mesa cabs.
From what I've seen in the fractal forums, they say the QSC line is pretty good

Back