Sire H7 oh and 68 Gibson 345 .

IMG_3491.jpeg

The wiring. Now I have to build a 335 circuit with this stuff. Half of it is non original anyway so it’s the right thing to do for the instrument. Nobody wants the choke.

Also cobbling together shit to make a 335 loom out of mostly none original parts is not going to save money or increase value.

Part of why I sold my 335 is because of that miserable access. :facepalm

Gibson briefly made an ES-333, I believe, that had control cavity access.
I put Fralin Pure PAFs in that one and should have kept it. :bonk

The problem is is how do you talk Someone out of upgrading something that has sentimental value? It’s not easy.

The thing though is that you never know what that persons perspective is.

My Strat is cheap lifeless poplar that most guitarists wouldn’t look twice at. And I’ve put more money into it than it’s worth with upgrading the electronics, bridge, tuners, nut, and a refret.

Most of you would probably think it was a waste of money, but I couldn’t be happier. It was completely worth it to me. No, it didn’t turn it into a CS or a Suhr, but I never expected it to.

There isn’t another Strat in the world I would trade it for. I’ve played it so much the back of the neck is worn to bare wood and worn in just the way I play so no other neck feels as good to me. That guitar makes me happier than any other guitar